Sign in to follow this  
shelbysfish

Emergency!

This literally happened OVER NIGHT!!! My babies got ich I believe??

Didn't have time to check water params before I had to leave for work, but I'll be home in 2 hours and I'll post them.

Please tell me what medicine to pick up on the way home. What do I do?! ????

ev5mcx.jpg

I'm gonna be sick. These are my babies!! Is there any way to save them? I'll get whatever medicine you suggest on my way home, if someone can please tell me what to do to heal them. ????

that doesn't look like Ich to me.. and i do wonder if it's PH related. in the meanwhile and since you are not home, there's not really anything we can recommend until we have the form filled out. ie, you may not need meds at all.

Please copy & paste fill the following form and fill it out to the best of your ability when requesting help for Goldfish Problems:

• Test Results for the Following:
    • * Ammonia Level(Tank)
    • * Nitrite Level(Tank)
    • * Nitrate level(Tank)
    • * Ammonia Level(Tap)
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap)
    • * Nitrate level(Tap)
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?
      • * Water temperature?
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)?
      • * How often do you change the water and how much?
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change?
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size?
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners?
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often?
  • * Any new fish added to the tank?
  • * Any medications added to the tank?
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?

Fill out the form.  Then move the fish to a hospital tank, making sure your new water has your typical tank pH.  This looks more like a water problem than disease.

I don't have another tank, can I treat the tank? Her sister looks the same and they are together. :(

I'll fill out this forum soon. I'm almost done at work. If you had to recommend a Med for me to pick up on the way home just in case, what would you suggest?

Oh, no! Poor fishies. Looks like sloughing slime coat to me - not ich. Like Helen said, they may not need meds and they can't tell what you do need until the form is filled. The sooner you're able to test water and fill the form, the better. Wishing your little ones much luck!

Don't pick up any meds.  Instead get a plastic tote of ~ 10 gallons.

• WORKING ON TAP WATER Params, BUT HERE IS THE PARAMS IN MY TANK!
    • I DID GET MEDICINE, haven't used it, but the local fish store we love recommended Kennaplex from Seachem - should I use it??

• Just now did a 75% water change. Couldn't let them sit in this while I waited, I'm terrified. :(

• UPDATE: MY TAP WATER IS AWFUL! Added prime with my water change, but what do I do??
    •  
    •  
    •  Ammonia Level(Tank) - 0ppm
    • * Nitrite Level(Tank) - 0ppm
    • * Nitrate level(Tank) -  5-10ppm
    • * Ammonia Level(Tap) - 2.0ppm
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap) - 2ppm
    • * Nitrate level(Tap) -  0ppm
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines): 7.2ppm
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) - 7.2 ppm
    •  
    • Other Required Info:

• * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? - drops, api master freshwater kit
      • * Water temperature? - 76
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? - 4 months, 30 gals
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? AC50
      • * How often do you change the water and how much? 2 times a week, at LEAST 50 percent 

• * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? 4 days ago, 50 percent
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? 2, babies
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? 3 times a day, solient green gel food and veggies
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? no
  • * Any medications added to the tank? no
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.:
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?: Fungus now. :(

• * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?: lethargic. 
  •  
Edited by shelbysfish

Alright guys, above is everything. If you could please help I'd love you forever. I'm so tempted to use this fungus treatment from Seachem. :(

One of my girls is kinda butt in the air at the moment. :(

Kennaplex from Seachem.

that doesn't look like Ich to me.. and i do wonder if it's PH related. in the meanwhile and since you are not home, there's not really anything we can recommend until we have the form filled out. ie, you may not need meds at all.

Please copy & paste fill the following form and fill it out to the best of your ability when requesting help for Goldfish Problems:

• Test Results for the Following:
    • * Ammonia Level(Tank)
    • * Nitrite Level(Tank)
    • * Nitrate level(Tank)
    • * Ammonia Level(Tap)
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap)
    • * Nitrate level(Tap)
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?
      • * Water temperature?
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)?
      • * How often do you change the water and how much?
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change?
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size?
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners?
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often?
  • * Any new fish added to the tank?
  • * Any medications added to the tank?
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?

Done!

Edited by shelbysfish

Don't pick up any meds.  Instead get a plastic tote of ~ 10 gallons.

I want to treat the whole tank, and I didn't have time to get a tote, they didn't have anything from my LFS but they gave me Kennaplex from Seachem for fungus

i would like you to do a 70% WC and double dose of prime. your tap water params are actually quite good. the Prime will take care of the ammonia until the cycle shifts it to nitrates. fungus does not attack so fast.. ie, if you did not see these symptoms yesterday, it's more the water in your tank.

does your tank have a hood or is it exposed?

do the 70% wc and remember to add Prime to the tank before the new water goes in. then prepare salt 0.1%. hold it there for 12 hours and add another 0.1% salt which will bring the salt level to 0.2%. 

cut meals down to twice a day and feed lightly. what veggies do you feed?

the picture shows typical symptoms of a problem PH/KH. do you have a KH kit? if so, please test the tank water for KH before you watechange.

i would like you to do a 70% WC and double dose of prime. your tap water params are actually quite good. the Prime will take care of the ammonia until the cycle shifts it to nitrates. fungus does not attack so fast.. ie, if you did not see these symptoms yesterday, it's more the water in your tank.

does your tank have a hood or is it exposed?

do the 70% wc and remember to add Prime to the tank before the new water goes in. then prepare salt 0.1%. hold it there for 12 hours and add another 0.1% salt which will bring the salt level to 0.2%. 

cut meals down to twice a day and feed lightly. what veggies do you feed?

the picture shows typical symptoms of a problem PH/KH. do you have a KH kit? if so, please test the tank water for KH before you watechange.

Water change and Prime is done. Tank has a hood, no water is exposed. 

I'm sorry for such a stupid question, but remind me again what 0.1% salt means? How do I measure this in teaspoons? 

Veggies they love are green beans, cucumbers, ect. 

I do not have a kH kit. :( But if my pH is fine, I'm wondering what this is. Here are some more photos:

14317321_10207406448301555_3351114287779

Whatever it is is really making their fins clamp, and my bigger girl lethargic. :/

Edited by shelbysfish

take a look at the links in my signature for dnalex's article on salt. it has all the info and guidance you need :)

also, cut cucumbers and the 'etc' out of the meal plan for now.. and only feed the beans. it can be that the butt up fish is constipated. can be from stress (due to the current issue) or too much food.

if you can advise which veggies are included in the 'etc'

Sorry, didn't mean to put that. Literally all they get is cucumber and green beans. lol

Also - from the link I'm gathering the 0.1% would mean 1 tsp salt per gallon?

Sorry, didn't mean to put that. Literally all they get is cucumber and green beans. lol

Also - from the link I'm gathering the 0.1% would mean 1 tsp salt per gallon?

yes :)

What meds have they been on if any hun.. I didnt see you list them...

I would still get that KH checked... It does look alittle like they had a PH problem :o

I would still get that KH checked... It does look alittle like they had a PH problem :o

No meds, Koko. Just now adding Salt but they haven't been on anything before. :/

Can I order a KH kit?

• Ammonia Level(Tank) - 0ppm
  • * Nitrite Level(Tank) - 0ppm
  • * Nitrate level(Tank) -  5-10ppm
  • * Ammonia Level(Tap) - 2.0ppm
  • * Nitrite Level(Tap) - 2ppm
  • * Nitrate level(Tap) -  0ppm

Now that you've had a chance to calm down would you please retest these.   :)

No meds, Koko. Just now adding Salt but they haven't been on anything before. :/

Can I order a KH kit?

yes you can hun :)

https://www.amazon.com/API-GH-KH-Test-Kit/dp/B003SNCHMA

if you are able to, it would be helpful if you can upload a video of them for us. 

Can I order a KH kit?

yes you can hun :)

https://www.amazon.com/API-GH-KH-Test-Kit/dp/B003SNCHMA

Okay, I found one at the store but it had to be a test strip (I know, not the best option but all I have at the moment)

it said kH is 40 and gH is between 120-180.

I have added 0.1% salt.

You guys said I need to retest the ammonia and such? Will the salt affect this? 

Their bodies look a lot better. Fins are frayed. Small girls eyes are still really clouded and she's very lethargic.

Let me see about a video...