Coco

• Supporter

Well, I saw this goofball a few weeks ago when I went into my LFS to get Prime.  I oogled for a few minutes and walked away.  <-- yay me

I had Huck in QT and was a little bummed about loosing ED, so I told myself if she was still there when Huck was all done with QT and in the main tank, I'd probably take her home.  To my surprise, she was still there!  I mean, how could anyone pass up those big eyes and giant waddly bum?!  I wasted no time snatching her up.

Meet Coco (named after Ice-T's lovely lady)

She makes me smile every time I look at her... I think she has quite the comical appearance.  Plus, look at that rotund back end!  Right now she is hanging out in the 20 gallon getting ready to start her QT.

Cute new gal!  Hope she pulls though qt in flying colors for you ^^

Tangent question: what's the bubble wand style you use for your 120g (noticed in your YouTube channel)?

Is it something like these? (flexible rubber tubing with a [censor] ton of holes)

https://www.amazon.com/Penn-Bendable-Bubble-Diffuser-60-Inch/dp/B0002DJF4C/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1473880059&sr=8-8&keywords=aquarium+bubble+wand

https://www.amazon.com/Hisea-Flexible-Aquarium-Diffuser-Connector/dp/B01B5GDI9C/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1473880067&sr=8-12&keywords=aquarium+bubble+wand

Any trouble making it stay down at the bottom?

Edited by AquaAurora

• Supporter

My Ru is that color.  Pretty little fish.

Your Ru is adorable!

Cute new gal!  Hope she pulls though qt in flying colors for you ^^

Tangent question: what's the bubble wand style you use for your 120g (noticed in your YouTube channel)?

Is it something like these? (flexible rubber tubing with a [censor] ton of holes)

https://www.amazon.com/Penn-Bendable-Bubble-Diffuser-60-Inch/dp/B0002DJF4C/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1473880059&sr=8-8&keywords=aquarium+bubble+wand

https://www.amazon.com/Hisea-Flexible-Aquarium-Diffuser-Connector/dp/B01B5GDI9C/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1473880067&sr=8-12&keywords=aquarium+bubble+wand

Any trouble making it stay down at the bottom?

Thanks... I hope she sails through QT too!

I picked up the bubble wall at PS a while back.  I think I've had that thing for a few years now and it's still going strong.  It's a little annoying at first to get it lined up and positioned how you want it, but I use small black suction cups to keep it from moving around and it seems to work pretty well: http://www.petsmart.com/fish/air-pumps-air-stones/top-fin-36-inch-flexible-bubble-wand-zid36-5149727/cat-36-catid-300087?_t=pfm%3Dcategory

Very pretty.

• Supporter

A Ryukin, my fave. Yay. Hope she does well in your care. So cute.

Thanks, MJ.  Me too!  She's pretty sassy and quite spry so fingers crossed she has a boring QT

Ah she is beautiful!

Thanks, Mandy :D  I'll make sure to let her know she has admirers  :teehee

• Supporter

ohhh my!!! :wub: :wub:

She's already a stunner, but when she's all grown up! :o Congrats, what a great find!! :nana

Awww thank you.  I think she's a pretty gal too :D  She's also quite sassy.  I see her being boss of the tank.

What a gorgeous gal! Love the color.

Thank you.  She definitely glistens a pretty gold.

• Supporter

I didn't realize ED died. She is adorable though and here's to an uneventful qt!

Yes :(  She was only with me for 1 week.  Poor girl was having some labored breathing after a fresh dose of prazi and salt while in QT.  I didn't think too much of it, assuming her reaction meant the meds were working.  I woke up to find she had passed away some time over the night.  I felt bad because she must have been sicker than I realized.  Poor ED.

Hopefully this QT is nice and boring and Coco breezes through it!

• Supporter

Chris here.... Coco is very photogenic... And very relaxed for her paparazzi moment... My guys zip around all over the place... Or I get nothing but the butt side... :rofl3

Hahaha I love that your guys zip :D  Coco gives me the stare down trying to will me to give her food :D

Well this guy is just to cute :o

Thanks, koko :)

Thanks for sharing a video of your new Coco.

Rest in Peace, ED.

Thank you :)  She was not as amused as I was, but participated anyway  :teehee