Sign in to follow this  
Ree

p0dge split tail white fluffy spot, Pidge white fluffy spot

You should be fine to clean it. I'm not positive on the silver quantity for a dip, be used I don't really use it. If you PM Koko she should be able to give you more specific amounts because that's her specialty :)

For the tank hun... I would like you do to 15 drops in there every time you do a water change :) Do that for 4 WEEKS :)

Thanks Koko!

Should i continue doing the 100% wcs every 3 to 4 days and give them a dip while they climatise still? Or just the normal 60% WC with them remaining in?

Oh, another question. The tanks is bare bottom with no decorations apart from airstones. Ive bought some river sand and river rocks for them which ill bleach the rocks, and por boiling water over the well rinsed sand. But i was wondering should i leave putting these in untill aftrr the 4 weeks are up? Or can i do it now?

I could add them hun... I would like you to put the silver in the tank... Something in the tank is bothering them. :)

Hi Taryl and Koko!

We have a problem.

I checked fish before going to sleep at 12am, they were all ok.

Moes been a little mopy, slightly leaning forward, but not enough to pull her out, and i couldnt see any other symptoms. She was swimming fine when i went to sleep, checked them at 4am as i couldnt sleep and Moes in a bad way.

Shes nose standing, right side very distended, anus extremely swollen, and cant swim. Shes barely moving her gills.

Her anal region is soft and spongy.

See ate fine at 11.30pm. She was pooping when i turned the light out. It was a normal size poop for her, but shes always done thickish poops.

I fed only amount as normal. It was alexs no float gell food.

Heres photos of my poor little Moe...

DSC_0871_zpssv838ur0.jpg

DSC_0870_zpsrhxbgcld.jpg

DSC_0834_zpsbtmcjbcv.jpg

DSC_0861_zps7krn1wmr.jpg

DSC_0848_zpsnrvj8ba3.jpg

I have pulled her out of the tank, shes in a 40L tub half filled with quater teaspoon of epsom. She has an airstone on slow.

This is her less than 24 hours ago. Swiming fine.

DSC_0833_zpsfwxki83y.jpg

What do i do for her? Please help me help her!

I have on hand:

Paraguard 500ml

Polyguard 10g

Kanaplex 15g

Wardley promethyasul 50ml

Blue planet trisulfa 15 tablets

Oxymav B oxytetracycline hydrochloride 9.3g/kg

Potasium permangenate

Api furan 2 10 sachets

Metro 20 tablets

Epsom

Pimafix - not sure how much i have left but can get some within a 7to10 days via post

Indian almond leaves

Colliodal silver

Im going to let Taryl help you with that one hun.. Hold on :)

Thanks Koko! Ill try. I feel so bad for her!

Ive just checked her and she remains unchanged, but her vent is much redder. Ive just addded a further 1/4teaspoon of epsom in her 20L. Shes now in 20L with 1/2 teaspoon of epsom and a gentle airstone...

Makes me just want to cry!

Edited by Ree

Oh moe, I hope he feels better soon! You poor thing Ree, thinking of you and the fishies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh moe, I hope he feels better soon! You poor thing Ree, thinking of you and the fishies Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thankyou Speckles! Im almost too scared to go check on her. Ive left her in the dark today to try to let her rest.

You should be fine to clean it. I'm not positive on the silver quantity for a dip, be used I don't really use it. If you PM Koko she should be able to give you more specific amounts because that's her specialty :)

Im going to let Taryl help you with that one hun.. Hold on :)

Hi again Taryl and Koko.

Ive not heard what to do yet and shes gotten worse. Her swimming is worse and her anal region is much more swollen and getting a purpleish red tinge. Shes also started mild pineconing. Her side is still distended.

Ive bitten the bullet and started medicating. Shes in a 40L tub half filled to help reduce water pressure. She has a slw airstone and is in darkness.

Ive just done a 100% WC and added a dose and a half of kanaplex and one metronidazole 200mg tablet along with 1/2 teaspoon of epsom.

Ive not increased the temperature incase this is bacterial.

Heres the photos of her current condition.

DSC_0882_zpsbmkrch9n.jpg

DSC_0878_zpsceqvm06h.jpg

DSC_0873_zps2btlk1oi.jpg

Hi, just letting you know ive euthenased Moe.

I think the Kanaplex might have made her even worse. She has been in the metro knaplex epsom for 5 hours and gotten heaps more swollen, pineconed and her skin was splitting.

I loved that little mush face! Sorry i failed you Moe.

Ill just keep an eye on the others and see if their symptoms improve or deteriorate with the last of the prazi and the silver.

I know Taryl always says never to use Kanaplex if there is bloating or pineconing. Even though the fish looked terrible (I have had it happen), it's important to wait for help. Sorry you lost her :(

I know Taryl always says never to use Kanaplex if there is bloating or pineconing. Even though the fish looked terrible (I have had it happen), it's important to wait for help. Sorry you lost her :(

Thankyou mjfromga. It was a lesson very hard in the learning. I just couldnt sit by and do nothing.

Thankyou for your sympathy though. I appreciate it and know you understand, esp with all your heartache youve gone through with your babies.

<3

I totally understand how you feel. It's very sad to feel helpless. I still very much miss my Boo Boo fish saying good morning to me each day. I was very much attached to her in a much different way than all the others. Hoping your others bounce back and stay healthy for you. *hugs*

I totally understand how you feel. It's very sad to feel helpless. I still very much miss my Boo Boo fish saying good morning to me each day. I was very much attached to her in a much different way than all the others. Hoping your others bounce back and stay healthy for you. *hugs*

I hope so too! I cant cope with this much sadness. So far the others are less drastic issues and will resolve with lots of clean water, a little more prazi, and some silver.

Edited by Ree

I'm sorry, I was out of town all weekend and my ability to log on and see pictures and such was quite limited.

Euthanizing is never an easy choice and hopefully we won't have any more of that going forward.

Aw, Im sorry Ree :bye2:  Moe was such a cutie it can be so hard. You really did your best to help Moe  :bighug

I'm so sorry for your loss. Rest in peace, dear Moe.

Aw, Im sorry Ree :bye2:  Moe was such a cutie it can be so hard. You really did your best to help Moe  :bighug

Thanks Speckles! I still feel like i failed her in a major way. My ocd is really beating me up about it. I know i did the best i could with the information i had and i tried but my silly brain isnt listening. Thankyou for your kind words. My rational brain can speak a little louder with confirmation. Thankyou!

I'm so sorry for your loss. Rest in peace, dear Moe.

Thankyou Lisa. I will miss her terribly, she was a very special baby.

I'm so so sorry you lost Moe :cry

I probably would have done the same as you in the situation! You did a great job at trying to help her and made the right choice 

:bighug

I'm so so sorry you lost Moe :cry

I probably would have done the same as you in the situation! You did a great job at trying to help her and made the right choice 

:bighug

Thankyou! Its really been very traumatic, but i am trying to come to terms with it all. Im hoping the others will be fine. Thankyou so much for the hug! It was very much needed!

hun, can you update the thread, please? pics n all... 

hun, can you update the thread, please? pics n all...

How did u know i was working on it right this minute? :)

Trying to get photobuckrt to cooperate! Its not liking me tonight! Should be done soon! I hope!

Helen has been guiding me and we decided on two different treatment plans...

First treatment plan was for Tweedledee the calico pearlscale and Curly the sardine in tomato sauce ranchu.

Curlly arrived in the post with holes in his wenn that would ooze gunk. This was thought to be wenn growth, but i became very worried when Tweedledee, who has been in my care nearly a year and has never had these symptoms, developed two wenn spots similar to Curlys.

We decided to try a treatment for hole in the head even though these were not presenting as typical hole in the head symptoms.

Treatment:

40L wqt tub,

100% WC

double fraction added (in place of prime)

400mg metronidazole crushed and disolved

2 blue planet trisulfa tablets crushed and disolved

1/4 teaspoon of oxyteracycline (Oxymav B) disolved.

This treatment was to be alternated every second day with no wc and another double dose of fraction to eliminate any ammonia. I fed half a pea each once a day to keep water clean too.

Photos proor to treatment..

Curlys wenn and cheek

20160927_194337_zpsphi2vftw.jpg

Closeup

20160927_194748_zpsjuzfevlw.jpg

Tweedledees wenn

20160927_194624_zpsy7ykvhes.jpg

Closeup

20160927_194438_zpsp7zom4x9.jpg

Treatment commenced on 26th September...

After 24 hours...

Curly

20160927_193744_zpsuwrizm8q.jpg

Closeup

20160927_194748_zpsjuzfevlw.jpg

20160927_194132_zpswi9ki6oo.jpg

Closeup

20160927_194047_zpsrgyvwkzb.jpg

Tweedledee

Closeup

20160927_193952_zpsfu0znvrk.jpg

On day 5 of treatment...

Holes on Curlys wenn much cleaner, no longer oozing. His cheeck spot is also no longer red and no longer oozing.

20161002_211104_zpss7or4z6c.jpg

Closeup

20161002_211328_zpstcxbmof2.jpg

20161002_210709_zpsz9tnzfzl.jpg

Closeup

20161002_210945_zps5lg097k4.jpg

Tweedledee

Top hole has opened and looks clean and appears to be healing. Bottom hole has lost the whiteness under it within the wenn. Looks to be sligtly sunken where it was slightly raised before. Also appears to be healing

20161002_210906_zpsovxfq7sz.jpg

Closeup

20161002_210818_zps1yije8ji.jpg

Tomorrow afternoon these guys will have been in treatment complete 7 days so ill post further photos tomorrow.

Ill adress the treatment plan for those remaining in the main tank in the next post in a few min.

Ok, the remaining tank guys; p0dge, Pidge, Tweedledum, Louie and Belle are on the second treatment plan.

This follows Taryls recommendations for continuing prazi rounds at 3 or 4 day intervals, with 100% wc and redosing. Their last round is completed tomorrow. They have therefore been in prazi for 4 weeks solid with large waterchanges.

Ill outline next the symptoms each fish was showing, the treatment they each recieved and their status now.

Im sorry i cant upload photos for these guys, but ill try to do a before and after post tomorrow with the photos.

Treatment for these guys commenced on the first.

p0dge large orange and white pearscale...

P0dge is slightly floaty, slightly squishy tummy, one one and a half cm split in tail, with fuzzy white spots on the uppermost part of the split. Also some pinprick bloodspots in skin. Pinecones if left in salt.

Treatment...

Continued prazi as per Taryls instructions

Salt dip at 3% - he lasted 3 min

Reduce daily feeding for 7 days to just one pea morning and night.

Results so far...

Within 24 hours, slight blackening appearing at the site the spots were.

3 days later split appears to be starting to heal and slight blackening is fading.

Further treatment...

Continue reduced feeding of peas

Repeat salt dip at 2% tomorrow.

Pidge small orange and white pearlscale...

Pidge had pinprick boodspots, noticeable veining on spine and upper chest, 3 fuzzy spots on tail similar to p0dges.

Treatment...

Salt dip at 3% - he lasted 3 min 10 sec

Results so far...

Within 24 hours fuzzynes is gone at site the spots were, leaving 3 very small hardish white specs that appear to be within the tail.

3 days later fuzzyness has not returned, veining is overall reduced, Pidge is more active.

Further treatment...

Repeat salt dip at 2% tomorrow.

Tweedledum mostly white calico pearlscale...

Tweedledum was showing no alarming symptoms but i treated her along with everyone else just to be safe.

Treatment...

Salt dip at 3% - she lasted 3 min 42 sec

Results so far...

Even though Tweedledum was showing no symptoms, after the salt dip she is showing slight blackish marking to her tail. This is fading after 3 days.

Further treatment...

Repeat salt dip at 2% tomorrow

Louie black demekin...

Louie was presenting with similar white fuzzy spots on her body and fins to pidge and p0dge. Some fin clamping and flashing also present even after 3 and a half weeks of prazi.

Treatment...

Salt dip at 3% - she lasted 3 min 12 sec

Results so far...

Within 24 hours fuzzynes is gone at site the spots were.

3 days later fuzzyness has not returned, flashing is no longer evident and finclamping is greatly reduced.

Further treatment...

Repeat salt dip at 2% tomorrow

Belle tricolour ryukin...

Belle is presenting with slight swimbladder issues still, but no other evident symptoms

Treatment...

Results so far...

So far her swimbladder seems slightly improved with less nosestanding than before. She spends most of her time either swimming or near the surfacecwhere it appears itsveasier for her to rest and control resting. I have however noticed some slight finclamping of her dorsal today.

Further treatment...

Salt dip at 2% tomorrow

Please let me know if ive missed anything Helen.

I know i was going to salt dip these guys today but my backnwas agony, so hubby will help me do 100% wc on their tank and salt dip them all again in 2% salt to see if i can get them to last longer in the salt.

I will not continue the prazi tomorrow unless its recomended to extend the treatment beyond 4 weeks.

Thanks so much! Ill get the photos before and after for these guys tomorrow.

Edited by Ree

Sorry for your loss. RIP Moe.

Oh how am i just seeing this? So sorry for your loss of Moe. S/he was a truly special fish. SIP little buddy.

Here is hoping the others continue to recover. I am positive you are in the best hands here. Sending lots of love and healing vibes your way!!!

-----><3<3<3

Sorry for your loss. RIP Moe.

Thankyou Dawn... I really miss my little Moe.

Oh how am i just seeing this? So sorry for your loss of Moe. S/he was a truly special fish. SIP little buddy.

Here is hoping the others continue to recover. I am positive you are in the best hands here. Sending lots of love and healing vibes your way!!!

-----><3<3<3

Hi Emilie! Thankyou. My poor Moe was a beautiful natured baby. The others are improving, so hopefully were looking up now!

Ok, im updating the thread again, sorry for the delay in updates, but a series of migraines prevented me updating before now. Hopefully ill be able to make the treatment make sense....

Curly and Tweedledee...

Still being treated for HITH symptoms.

These photos are taken after 7 days on:

400mg metro

2 Blueplanet Trisulfa tablets crushed and disolved

1/4 teaspoon of Oxymav B

Curly (sardine in tomato sauce ranchu)

Curlys cheek nearly all healed.

20161004_202841_zpsbyjjngup.jpg

Close up

20161004_202945_zpsd9ovpoe0.jpg

Curlys wenn is still showing some spots though it looks clearer than it did before.

20161004_202149_zpsbczzzsoi.jpg

Closeup

20161004_202251_zps9znbbpap.jpg

Tweedledee (calico pearlscale)

Tweedledees spots look much improved. Bottom hole is smaller and top hole practically gone now.

20161004_203131_zpsl0jxymfw.jpg

Close up

20161004_203039_zpsqba7j2os.jpg

Helen and i both thought further treatment would be beneficial to ensure the spots were gone on both fish.

Further treatment:

Continue metronidazole another 7 days (14 days total treatment)

Continue blue planet trisulfa another 5 days (12 days total)

Discontinue Oxymav B as of today.

Review after day 14 of metro.

Edited by Ree