* Ammonia Level(Tap)0ppm

* Nitrite Level(Tap)0ppm

* Nitrate level(Tap)0ppm

* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 8.1

* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 8.1

Other Required Info:

* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API freshwater drops

* Water temperature? 22degC

* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 440L running for 3 months, sunsun filters established 1.5 years aquaone filter running 3months.

* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? 2xSunsun type 2000Lphr, 1xAquaone Aquis 1250 i think its 750Lphr?

* How often do you change the water and how much? Twice week min 50%

* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Yesterday and 60%

* How many fish in the tank and their size? 7 in total, two 3inch ranchus Curly and Moe, one 4.5 inch demekin Louie, one 4inch pearlscale p0dge, one 3.5 inch pearlscale Tweedledee, one 3 inch pearlscale Tweedledum, and one 2.5 inch pearlscale Pidge

* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Fraction

* What do you feed your fish and how often? Homemade gellfood alexs no float recipe 3x per day. Sometimes alternate with peas or canned bloodworms

* Any new fish added to the tank? Yes 2 the ranchus. Qted 1 week then had to add to main tank as they looked healthy and the other fish that was transported with them had swimbladder issues and i needed to reduce the qt water level for her (also treated her with epsom for 7 days). She can now swim upright in water no deeper than 30cm and is in her own tank.

* Any medications added to the tank? Prazipro four 7 day rounds

* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. P0dge had costia/sceptaceamia type symptoms, resolved over a year ago, treated with 3 months of qt with kanaplex metroplex and formaldehyde. Tweedledum the pearlscale has had tail fin issues. Still has raggard tail but seeing regrowth. Tried salt, metro, salt dips, and silver. No affect. Seems to have resolved in the larger tank with lower nitrates. Curly the ranchu had a bout of popeye last week. Resolved after 8 days QT in kanaplex and metro and epsom. Returned to tank 2 days.

* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? P0dge has half inch long split in tail and slight white fluff on small section of split. Its been there 3 days, not resolving. P0dge also has pinprick blodspots on skin and enflamed tail veins that come and go from his intitial costia/sceptaceamia. Pidge has slight white fluff on tail which has been there 5 days, not resolving, not getting worse. Pidge also has some slight brusing and veins in fins/skin that come and go, as well as pinprick bloodspots that come and go. Louie had slight white tuft on tail 5 days ago that resolved itself.

* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?All eating and pooping fine, no bottomsitting. P0dge has some ballance issues mostly when he dives downward he ends up upside down for split second then rights himself. Pidges behaviour is normal.

I was wondering if i could qt p0dge and pidge and use pimafix and prazipro together? Or should i prazi and pimafix the whole tank?

P0dge is salt intollerant, put him near salt and he dropsies.

Pictures are a bit tricky till later today. I need hubbys help to take them, and photobucket to cooperate enough to upload them. But i will try if needed.

I'm not quite clear - when did got prazi them? Was this recently or when they first came in?

The newbies had one round of prazi brfore adding them. The main tank had one round before adding the newbies, then theyve had their 3 further rounds together. They all just started the 5th round total yesterday.

Hmmm... I'd recommend salt but I know you have some tank issues with that. Finish the prazi rounds and then I think you can try the pimafix for a week. But please do three treatments with water changes (day 1 - Pimafix, day 2 - nothing, day 3 - 100% water change and Pimafix, day 4 - nothing, etc).

We may consider swabbing or dipping in methylene blue as well. Pictures will help too!

Ok, so finish this round and do one more? Or just this round then pimafix? And is the pima fix in qt or on the whole tank?

I hate Pimafix but if it is what you have it can be used instead of salt, yes. Like I said I'd need pictures to be sure, but do complete your prazi rounds first :)

I hate Pimafix but if it is what you have it can be used instead of salt, yes. Like I said I'd need pictures to be sure, but do complete your prazi rounds first :)

Thankyou so much Taryl! Ill make a list of all my meds incase theres something else i have on hand you think will work better and get back to you with pictures.

Heres what i have on hand and how much i have left of each, some are partially used.

Paraguard 500ml

Polyguard 10g

Kanaplex 15g

Wardley promethyasul 50ml

Blue planet trisulfa 15 tablets

Oxymav B oxytetracycline hydrochloride 9.3g/kg

Potasium permangenate

Api furan 2 10 sachets

Metro 20 tablets

Epsom

Pimafix - not sure how much i have left but can get some within a 7to10 days via post

Indian almond leaves

Colliodal silver

Most of these id only have enough to pull p0dge and pidge out in qt and treat them there, and salt the main tank.

Im still working on uploading the photos, photobucket and my internet have yet to cooperate.

Oh, I hope Podge is ok Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Speckles! I think hes ok, just needs some TLC.

Uploaded these for Ree :)

Tweedledums tail

4WrRzKP.jpg

SEKggqd.jpg

peZAhwB.jpg

TP2yD2y.jpg

Podges belly

oSEa95Z.jpg

Edited by FishyMandy

P0dges tail split and fluff

20160912_162042_zpsqwg579fv.jpg

I followed him so much with the camera that he spun round and gave me a quizzical look... "Why would Taryl want so mant photos of my butt?" He asks

DSC_0779_zpsy4u0dt4x.jpg

Pidgees tail and spots. His bruising and veins are good today. They seem to come and go.

20160912_161415_zpsavcajlog.jpg

20160912_161551_zpsz3dcwu9h.jpg

20160912_162144_zpsmne0k3gr.jpg

And one more of pidge Mandy is posting for mes...

Edited by Ree

Did i forget anything Taryl? Im not sure. Let me know if you need more info.

Tweedledees tail was half eaten away but looks to be healing mostly now the nitrates are lower. Some sections are much much slower to regrow than others. Thats why I was worried out about p0dges and Pidges tails. I dont want them ending up like tweedledees!

Really they both look fine to me. The tail and spots on it look like minor parasite irritation and Podge looks good altogether, but I'd just do water changes and prazi for a week and see if anything else *needs* doing first. Some swabs or dips might even be a better choice than Pimafix. And running some colloidal silver through the system won't hurt after treatment is concluded either.

But what I'm seeing looks like some damage from flukes and perhaps some other ectoparasite, but nothing serious. If you haven't already, increase the heat in the tank to about 25-26 Celcius, too, to speed up the life cycle of whatever is in the tank.

Edited by Arctic Mama

Really they both look fine to me. The tail and spots on it look like minor parasite irritation and Podge looks good altogether, but I'd just do water changes and prazi for a week and see if anything else *needs* doing first. Some swabs or dips might even be a better choice than Pimafix. And running some colloidal silver through the system won't hurt after treatment is concluded either.

But what I'm seeing looks like some damage from flukes and perhaps some other ectoparasite, but nothing serious. If you haven't already, increase the heat in the tank to about 25-26 Celcius, too, to speed up the life cycle of whatever is in the tank.

Ok, thanks Taryl, i might do that. Ill do 4 rounds of prazi in the comming two weeks, with 50%wc with each round and raised temps. Im half way through the first of those 4 rounds now then.

Would doing a couple of silver dips on all the fish help in the meantime too? Like one dip at the begining of each round?

Im not sure what dose to do the silver at to add to the tank though as ive never dosed silver to the tank before for these guys. The aprox tank volume is 440L including the canister filters. My silver is the Amino Acid & Botanical Supply 500ppm and ive got maybe 2.5 fluid ounces left.

Thankyou for the reasurance too, its greatly appreciated!

Annother thought, my second filter is due for cleaning. If i clean it this wc comming, will the bacteria have bounced back enough to cope with the silver? I dont normally have much of a cycle bump after filter cleaning, but thought the week and a half leadtime might be wise?

You should be fine to clean it. I'm not positive on the silver quantity for a dip, be used I don't really use it. If you PM Koko she should be able to give you more specific amounts because that's her specialty :)

Edited by Arctic Mama

Hi, just updating so i know where im up to.

Did a 100% WC and tank clean yesterday and added more prazi. Two more rounds remaining over the next week.

Did a weigh in and added Belle to the main tank.

We have the following in the 440L....

Louie...121g (Louies my fattyboomba adding 46g to her weight since January)

p0dge...90g (way to go p0dge youve put on 2g since January ROFL)

Tweedledee... 69g

Belle... 65g

Tweedledum...49g

Curly...42g

Moe...38g

Pidge...16g (youve got some catching up to do Pidge!)

While these guys waited to go back into their tank they had a hour long silver dip. Hopefully it might help with the splits and fluff issues on p0dges and Pidges tails. Was 12drops per 4L container. Handled it like pros!

I did notice Pidges brusing was back today, so ill keep an eye on it over the next few days.

Pidge and p0dges tails remain unchanged.

Louie is showing the whiteish blotches in her slime coat ive noticed too. Hopefully the silver dip will help.

Im considering doing daily silver dips for the remaining 7 days of their prazi treatment as i cant salt the tank. Louie and p0dge and pidge def, maybe the others too.

Ill then see about silvering the tank and seeing what happens.

So far other than the slight bruising on Pidge and the white marks on pidges and p0dges tails, and similar white marks on Louies body, i havent noticed any other symptoms.

Ok, just updating again so i know where im up to.

100% WC again yesterday with prazi added. One more 3 to 4 day round of prazi to go.

Everyone had a silver dip of 12 drops in 4L for 30min while i did WC. They were not all in the same 4L, i had several containers for them to spread out a bit.

P0dge and Pidges tails remain unchanged.

Louies spots have faded somewhat. I can only clearly see 2 now whereas before there were 7. I tried to photograph these but they didnt show up on any of the photos. They are just like slimecoat thickenings id say, about 4mm or so diameter.

Managed to catch a photo of the bruising type marks and veins that come and go on Pidge. Not a great photo, but you can see some of the veins along his spine below his dorsal. He also gets these around the top of his "neck" and under his chin on his upper chest. The bruisung is the red mark below the veining. This was not as bad as it has been. Its disapered 24 hours later.

DSC_0827_zpsanpns7ny.jpg

Something new that poped up is idk Taryl if you remember the photos i posted of Moes wenn spots? Both Moe and Curlly (the new fish) arrived with them. None of my wenned fish have ever had spots like this so i was unsure if i should be concerned. Moes spots have completely cleared. But heres a photo of what i mean on Moe...

20160827_191656_zpsfpz8pwue.jpg

Curly has probably 5 or 6 of the same type of spots. They show exactly like above, from a hole in the wenn, then they stay like that for 4 or 5 days, then ooze white gunk for around half hour, normaly a kinda tube of white about quater to half inch long, then they just show clean or white again. Curly went through 7 day round of metro and kanaplex to treat popeye. That concluded about two weeks ago. It had no effect on the spots.

The new symptom is that Tweedledee, who has never shown these spots before, and doesnt have any wenn holes, his wenn is quite smooth, is now as of yesterday showing two of the same kind of spots as Curly. They appear to be forming inside the wenn. They have slight redness around them. Ill kep an eye on them to see how it progresses. Alarm bells just rang as none of my fish, inc Tweedledee have ever had this happen in the over a year and a half ive had them. Might be nothing, but i thought i should mention it.

20160924_212938_zpsj07x243r.jpg

Ive pmed Koko and im waiting to hear back from her re the silver dose for the tank.

Thanks so much Taryl! Ill update again after the prazi is concluded in 3 or four days.

For the tank hun... I would like you do to 15 drops in there every time you do a water change :) Do that for 4 WEEKS :)

For the tank hun... I would like you do to 15 drops in there every time you do a water change :) Do that for 4 WEEKS :)

Thanks Koko!

Should i continue doing the 100% wcs every 3 to 4 days and give them a dip while they climatise still? Or just the normal 60% WC with them remaining in?

Oh, another question. The tanks is bare bottom with no decorations apart from airstones. Ive bought some river sand and river rocks for them which ill bleach the rocks, and por boiling water over the well rinsed sand. But i was wondering should i leave putting these in untill aftrr the 4 weeks are up? Or can i do it now?

Edited by Ree

Thanks Koko!

Should i continue doing the 100% wcs every 3 to 4 days and give them a dip while they climatise still? Or just the normal 60% WC with them remaining in?

Oh, another question. The tanks is bare bottom with no decorations apart from airstones. Ive bought some river sand and river rocks for them which ill bleach the rocks, and por boiling water over the well rinsed sand. But i was wondering should i leave putting these in untill aftrr the 4 weeks are up? Or can i do it now?

I could add them hun... I would like you to put the silver in the tank... Something in the tank is bothering them. :)

Thanks Koko!

I could add them hun... I would like you to put the silver in the tank... Something in the tank is bothering them. :)

Thanks Koko! Ill get to work rinsing rinsing rinsing then and decorating! Im so excited about the sand! And ill leave the fish in when i do their wc. Ill just try to give them the bigest wc i can with them still in.

Thankyou again! :) :) :)