Sign in to follow this  
AquaAurora

HUGE Nymphaea Taiwan $10 shipped

Have 1 very large Nymphaea Taiwant for sale a light green small leafed lily plant. Comes complete with huge roots and semi dissolved root tab lodged onto said roots. Reaches over 2' tall,great for big tanks! Has baby plants (at least 5, probably more) growing off the ends of several of the leaves so you can pinch them off and plant them to make many more (shorter)plants! Want this lily to stay short? No problem! Just prune off leaves when they get too tall and within a few months it will be 'trained' to stay compact.
$10 shipped (small flat rate priority box). Snail free! Sorry i don't do local pickups due to a bad experience in the past.
What you see is what you get:
008_zpsniiha2iz.jpg

Free add-ons: large blob of riccia or as much salvinia minimia as I can stuff into the box with the n. taiwan. Note add-ons may have snails but lily comes from snail free tank.

Hi! I'm interested for sure! :) will it do okay if planted in a tank that is less than 2ft tall? Will it do okay in low light? I do add liquid ferts once and week and I can do root tabs a few times a year if needed. Also, I would totally LOVE as much salvinia minimia as you can give me haha I'm always in need of more floating plants. I can do paypal, just let me know if it'll work! 

Hi! I'm interested for sure! :) will it do okay if planted in a tank that is less than 2ft tall? Will it do okay in low light? I do add liquid ferts once and week and I can do root tabs a few times a year if needed. Also, I would totally LOVE as much salvinia minimia as you can give me haha I'm always in need of more floating plants. I can do paypal, just let me know if it'll work! 

Yes it can be kept in any height tank (i had it growing in a 11.8" high cube(about 9" with substrate) but never trimmed leaves to stem kept growing).  You can rain it to stay compact with aggressive pruning when leaves get above the height you want.  Within a few months it should stay at a shorter height and not keep shooting for the surface.  It does well in low light but will grow faster in medium light.  Its not demanding but liquid fert OR root tab (does not need both) will be appreciated.

My old betta boy Xerxes loves lounging in the leaves but it was shading the other plants too much so I had to remove it (he's still glaring at me).

That's such a pretty plant!

Thanks ^^  I really love it, hate to give it up but its not letting my other dwarf swords in the tank get enough light (my fault for not keeping it trimmed back).

I've done away with substrate for now but will try sand in a new tank I'll be setting up. Will be shallow though so tall plants won't do :(

WOW what a very nice plant... I wish I wasnt in SW right now :(

I've done away with substrate for now but will try sand in a new tank I'll be setting up. Will be shallow though so tall plants won't do :(

It does ok in shallow tnaks (I've had it in aa shallow as 6", you can trim aggressively to keep below water or just let it grow to surface.  A small terracota pot or doing the mesh bag with substrate like this video work for bare bottom tanks:

Sent you another PM

replied ^^

WOW what a very nice plant... I wish I wasnt in SW right now :(

You could always set up a little fw pico/nano tank ^.~

If I could I would be setting up a pond, but dont have the time with three cats, one justine, TD and a fish tank :thud: