Sign in to follow this  
kaylabenda16

New fish from Dandy Orandas

I finally got my fish I've been watching all summer from Dandy Orandas! He is much bigger than I thought he would be (6inches) He is a telescope/comet. After quarantine, I put him in my tank and although he was twice the size of my other large goldfish he was bullied. I've never seen goldfish gang up on each other so I had to separate the two bullies who were "playing bumper cars" with him. He's much happier and stress free. I think he has quite a few vision problems because his eyes look cloudy and he's a telescope with bad vision anyways.

Let me know if you have any advice on the bullying or eyesight!

I've included iPhone pics and prisma app pics I thought looked cool just for fun.

a475fb778b0f60d05ad563cef9069184.jpg

Above: Poncho telescope comet from Dandy Orandas. I'll take better pictures with my camera in a bit and post back on this thread!

d5599372fd0730a9b6e0b88df9af2427.jpg

Above: prisma app Poncho

a33287d975a0552b84769725cf6bd2b5.jpg

Above: my Orandas Cusco and Rio

9f46e98555cb361b16f7dc188634db75.jpg

Above: Tito my fantail that is also a bully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations on your beautiful Tele/Comet!!!!   :redbanana:

258ec9463cd25f6ac23e0334c9d668c4.png

Close up of his face from the website!

Congratulations!  He is beautiful.

I've never personally experienced bullying of a healthy fish.  I've had it happen once when a fish was sick (before I'd identified it) and the other fish were picking on him, nipping his fins and such.  I was so surprised because these fish had been together for years!  I QT'd that fish until it was healed (about 3 weeks), and put it back into the main tank, only to realize his buddies were picking on him again!  I put him back into his own tank for 3 months, got him really strong/healthy, and then the reintroduction went really well.  They've now been together for a total of 6 years.  I don't think it would have ever happened if the original fish hadn't gotten sick in the first place though.

But, even though I haven't experienced it, I've read others accounts of bullying of a healthy/strong fish.  Hopefully you can get some good advice so you can get them all back together soon.

Wow, what a unique and cool looking fish! 

WOW that is a stunning Tele :)

Beautiful fish!!

Lovely fish! His body shape and eyes look good and balanced, I'd not worry unless he showed some symptoms of difficulty eating or swimming.

55a6d7811d7065b215a55843e85725c4.jpg

5bf8a78616e146ab9e12632e058ba184.jpg

5ba354b6c62ca3cb95233db766f015e8.jpg

Above: Poncho

291ec92c848d2ea77de913e4adb93997.jpg

Above: Rio starting to grow a black beard

5debd28165dff519938dd8eeb44ece1e.jpg

Above: Zorro

I remember that fish!  DO had one in black around the same time that I almost purchased.  Never used to be a telescope person, but they have grown on me.  Must be all those SolidGold videos.

Good luck with him.

29730d3328fb58d10c7d5ae6702a695b.jpg

Above: Cusco the Oranda

5a3f168220803dd994dbf72179b27c33.jpg

Above: Cairo the Oranda

b3389e05621c63d877c5c7dbe7d398b1.jpg

Above: Tito the fantail

b0359df4960453b532cd6aebb43b0737.jpg

Above: Zorro the black moor

531f8a85d72549e1a3f366f91ca1c5af.jpg

Above: Poncho the telescope/comet. Gotta love that face.

Just my little fish clan and currently on the lookout for a ranchu or two to add!

8428593a870f7dffe6fa6188814cb4c6.jpg

Above: Rio the Oranda. Top picture is about 4 months ago. He has really put on a disguise....

74ad0a1c9a30f3b11f183d293e5a4ca2.jpg

We also have a single tail yellow tele from DO. He's quite the lil weirdo and so fast!

That's so interesting! Very rarely do you see goldfish turn black.

Yes! So far it has seemed to stop and I'm debating on nicknaming him Blackbeard. I'm interested to see if he will continue to change in the spring!

74ad0a1c9a30f3b11f183d293e5a4ca2.jpg

We also have a single tail yellow tele from DO. He's quite the lil weirdo and so fast!

His color is so vibrant and bright! I'm working on a better lighting system for my tank because the bright yellow is what I love about these guys. You're right, probably one of the strangest fish I've seen with those giant eyes, but still very cute!!

His color is so vibrant and bright! I'm working on a better lighting system for my tank because the bright yellow is what I love about these guys. You're right, probably one of the strangest fish I've seen with those giant eyes, but still very cute!!

Thanks! This guy actually lives in a tub outside so I'm sure the pea soup colored green water and sunlight has helped the color. We actually have good experience improving the coloring of indoor goldfish using UVB turtle lamps (which mimic sunlight) and have a video about it in terms of some black telescopes

Edited by octoari

Gorgeous!!!!

Very interesting about the  black!  :o

Your crew is Awesome!  :hi5 Love the lemony color of your new guy!DancingLemon.gif

:whisper I see you mentioned ranchu, you might want to look into East Coast Ranchu, if you haven't already. ;)

99% of my current fish are from Cynthia. :whistle

Thanks! This guy actually lives in a tub outside so I'm sure the pea soup colored green water and sunlight has helped the color. We actually have good experience improving the coloring of indoor goldfish using UVB turtle lamps (which mimic sunlight) and have a video about it in terms of some black telescopes

Very interesting! That would be helpful for my plants as well. I appreciate the tip

Very interesting about the black! :o

Your crew is Awesome! :hi5 Love the lemony color of your new guy!DancingLemon.gif

:whisper I see you mentioned ranchu, you might want to look into East Coast Ranchu, if you haven't already. ;)

99% of my current fish are from Cynthia. :whistle

Thank you! I have been on ECR so much lately and see so many that I want because they are all beautiful! It will happen soon enough :)