Acros pink ramshorn snail babies

mjfromga

I struggle with keeping snails alive. I got ten of Acros pink ramshorn snails. He sent more than ten. Slate ate most of them. I think I had 4 that she didn't eat. I changed up my tanks and shortly found two more dead. I plucked the two remaining snails out and chucked them into the little pond. I'm happy to say they have thrived and are alive and well. They looked something like this when I first got them (some smaller, some bigger)

DSCN1635_zpsa7uwmgnu.jpg

Now they look more like this:

DSCN1636_zpsc2r17nyo.jpg

And I even have a whole load of them now! There are some I no doubt missed, as well.

DSCN1631_zpsjxqgqizj.jpg

They all have smooth, healthy looking shells and are a totally cute bright pink color themselves. The older ones are a little bit green from being in the pond and having a feast, but they're so happy, as am I. They're so CUTE and he does a great job. I'm going to shortly have too many myself because I do keep seeing them. They're doing a great job of keeping the pond algae down and I love looking at them. Yay to snails.

Glad they are doing well!!!! I like your new avatar picture!!!!

Thanks Dawn. Yours is way better. Your hair and makeup look great. :)

Thanks so much Myra!!!!!   :hug

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this!  It's always nice to see the animiails (or plants) I've raised, in another's care!  :)

It's interesting how some algae will give a different color tinge to the snails and with all the algae your snails have been eating, and the slight algae on their shells, it gives them a slight purple color.  Maybe it's just the photo or my coputer screen.  Either way, it's neat.  :P

I'm glad you are enjoying them, and that they are happy in your care!  :D

• 1 month later...

Here are some of them now. They're doing very well! Have lots more than this btw... these were just the few that were obvious in there that I plucked off. These babies are soooo awesome. I LOVE them. Can't even bring myself to try and get rid of some of them anymore even though I have way too many. 

Edited by mjfromga

Thanks guys. Mr. B, the site is getting maintenance or something so none of the photos show up, but if you see how teensy they were at first, the fact that they're so big now is awesome.

ALL of these were raised from teensy babies or hatched from eggs. Cool stuff!

Edited by mjfromga