Sign in to follow this  
misssmountain

What is the schedule for a maintenance round of Prazipro?

In a couple of weeks after I am done treating my tank with silver, I would like to do a maintenance round of Prazipro. Can anyone remind me of what the timetable for this is and what exactly I should do?

I just started a round of prazipro and aquarium salt.

According to directions on label for prazipro (which is impossibly small on the tiny bottle btw) water change before treatment.  Remove carbon and protein skimmer prior to treatment. Add 1 tea spoon per 20gs (1/2 for 10g)-this is for the aquarium solution info, pond solution is a different amount, add around edges or directly into filter to evenly distribute medicine.  1 dose treats for 5-7 days, which is usually enough.   Repeat if necessary but only once every 3-5 days.
I used this link to read directions instead of wreck my eyes on tiny bottle print:

http://www.hikariusa.com/solutions/healthaid/prazipro/

Edited by AquaAurora

Those elaborate schemes are for  quarantine,  not for a routine prophylactic treatment.  

Simply dose according to instructions.  If you change any water during the week, add prazipro to the new water at the normal dose.

I don't use salt when I do a maintenance dose. And Hikari doesn't recommend salt over 0.2% with prazi pro

There are some differing opinions regarding this, which is probably why Alex offered two options.  Much of the reading I have done suggests doing a second dose 4-5 days after the first to catch the emerging larvae.  I like to do two modified 7-day rounds, with each round consisting of two doses.  For example:

Round 1= Sunday: Big water change.  Add Prazi.

Thursday: Add Prazi

Round 2= Sunday:  Big water change.  Add Prazi

Thursday:  Add Prazi

Edited by Jared