Sign in to follow this  
flowerslegacy

Goldfish Grooming - Not!

My pearlscale died yesterday :( but the ranchu is doing good. I thought for sure she wouldn't make it, but her scales seem to be healing and she's okay! Woo! Hoo! I applied the last treatment today so after 24 hrs I'm doing a water change and assuming I'm done. I'll do a thorough inspection in the morning. Shakaho, since she's been in formalin for 6 days I'm assuming I'm done with all treatments? Or do you recommend I go back to the prazi quarantine procedures? Or are they sufficiently de-wormed? They pooped long, white poops the first few days on formalin so I'm suspecting internal worms. Their poop is normal now. Let me know. Thanks!

I'm so sorry about the loss of your pearlscale. RIP.

Oh I'm sorry about your pearly.

Best wishes to the little Ranchu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's just keep her in very clean water for a while to see if any symptoms reappear.  You might try Koko's favorite treatment, colloidal silver, 

I started clean, fresh water on Tuesday. Today it appears the symptoms are slowly returning. Bottom sitting and slight haze to the skin. The poo is normal color now, but it has a lot of air bubbles in it. I feed Omega One sinking pellets. I've been doing 100% water changes daily. I did almost 3 full cycles (9 days) of Quick Cure and the results were great. It seemed like there was a 100% recovery. I'm not sure if I should do another treatment cycle? I'm so bummed!

I'm sorry this is happening. Someone should be here soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started clean, fresh water on Tuesday. Today it appears the symptoms are slowly returning. Bottom sitting and slight haze to the skin. The poo is normal color now, but it has a lot of air bubbles in it. I feed Omega One sinking pellets. I've been doing 100% water changes daily. I did almost 3 full cycles (9 days) of Quick Cure and the results were great. It seemed like there was a 100% recovery. I'm not sure if I should do another treatment cycle? I'm so bummed!

Hun I would like you to try this.....

I would like you to get some Silver and place it into the tank :)

50ppm min please...

Like this stuff :)

https://www.amazon.com/Natural-Path-Silver-Wings-Supplement/dp/B0049YYYJG/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1473692143&sr=8-2&keywords=colloidal+silver+50ppm

the stronger ppms is better but if not dont go any lower than the 50ppm :)

Okay Koko, I got the same name brand in your link, but it's 250ppm. What do you prescribe and how do I dose? Thanks so much!

Okay Koko, I got the same name brand in your link, but it's 250ppm. What do you prescribe and how do I dose? Thanks so much!

I woud like you to add 3 drpos in the tank, then every water change and for the first week 2 times in that week. Then just to water changes for 3 weeks :)

Just to clarify: I've been doing daily 100% WC because the water gets so filthy. The QT isn't cycled. How would I dose with 100% changes?

Do 2 drops every day in a qt hun

Thanks Koko! I'll add 3 today. Then 2 daily for 4 weeks total based on previous post? Just let me know if I need to adjust anything. Thanks again!

Thanks Koko! I'll add 3 today. Then 2 daily for 4 weeks total based on previous post? Just let me know if I need to adjust anything. Thanks again!

:thumbs:

So far she's perked up and looks fantastic! Keep you posted!

:thumbup2:

Thanks Fish Tank, it's been a long road! Everything is going good so far. My 75 has been dry and empty for weeks. As soon as the silver treatment is over, I'll set it up again. I'll need to buy some new fish, so I'll be back to a QT with prazi. My Ranchu is a bully so I'll need to make sure I pair it up properly.

How are we doing?

Hi Koko! I wasn't notified of your last post so my apologies! Everything is going very well. Healthy fish and lots of water changes. I'm preparing to finally put my 75 gal back together and get my little guy out of QT. I have another Ranchu in QT so I can add them to the new tank together. I'll take a break after that, as I'm looking forward to not having to do water changes every day! I'll start a new thread when I start my tank decoration.Im hoping my media survived all this as I've been adding ammonia to keep them alive. We'll see! Thanks again for your help. Colloidal Silver is great stuff!

Hi Koko! I wasn't notified of your last post so my apologies! Everything is going very well. Healthy fish and lots of water changes. I'm preparing to finally put my 75 gal back together and get my little guy out of QT. I have another Ranchu in QT so I can add them to the new tank together. I'll take a break after that, as I'm looking forward to not having to do water changes every day! I'll start a new thread when I start my tank decoration.Im hoping my media survived all this as I've been adding ammonia to keep them alive. We'll see! Thanks again for your help. Colloidal Silver is great stuff!

:thumbup2: