Sign in to follow this  
Bmitchell486

Picked up some cuties!

Well, I popped into my local petco to take a look at their stock.  I'm usually so picky that I buy less than 1 fish per year.  BUT, they had 2 fish with potential to be EXACTLY what I've been looking for for a while!

I'm SO excited :) :) :) :) :)

Checking me out...

IMG_1744.jpg

I got lots of pics in the bag, because my QT totes are sort of a misty color so I can't get clear pictures through it

IMG_1749.jpg

IMG_1753.jpg

IMG_1754.jpg

IMG_1758.jpg

IMG_1759.jpg

IMG_1760.jpg

IMG_1762.jpg

IMG_1765.jpg

Hoping they make it through QT okay!  They've got a few marks/issues, but hopefully all goes away soon.

Awe they look so cute and so tiny :heart

Very cute!!!! Congratulations!!!!

OMG they are adorable!  Good find and congratulations :D  Hope they breeze through QT.

Chris here... Oh! More babies!!! :)

Whoo hoo. I love babies. So cute. Are they fantails? So hard to tell.

oohhhh! :clapping: I love them both! :nana

I really hope the one keeps its black marks! :D

Aw, so sweet! All the best with QT :)

Awe they look so cute and so tiny :heart

They really are itty bitty.  Probably the smallest I've ever brought home.  Their bodies are probably just about an inch in length.

Very cute!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Thanks Dawn!  :happydance

OMG they are adorable!  Good find and congratulations :D  Hope they breeze through QT.

Thanks!!! I stop into this store about once a month to check it out.  I've bought one fish from them before.

Chris here... Oh! More babies!!! :)

Haha... yyyyyyeah, more babies!!!!  I just love watching them grow up :)

Aw, so sweet! All the best with QT :)

Thanks!  I can't wait to get home tonight and see how they're doing.  They have some indicators of stress, looks like maybe some slime coat build up, maybe irritation from flukes.  Just have prime and .1% salt in there right now.  I plan to start prazi in the next few days, after I see them active and eating well.

Whoo hoo. I love babies. So cute. Are they fantails? So hard to tell.

Thanks!!! I really don't know.  They came from an "assorted" tank.  I am HOPING that they're short tailed ryukins... but they're a little on the slim side and their tails are already a medium length, so they're probably fantails.  It's hard to find the body shape AND color that you want from a lfs.  I liked their colors so much that I just had to get them.  

Me too!!!!  Hoping he stays "dalmatian" with base color of white, and black spots.  One of the black spots has an orange undertone... so we'll see!  I just really LOVE their matte coloration.  Once they make it through QT, I'll be posting more pictures of them, I'm sure. :)

Aww they are so cute and SO tiny!!

Aww they are so cute and SO tiny!!

Thanks!!! :) :) :) I just want to stare at them constantly, but it freaks them out if there is any movement near their tank.  I'm sure they went from feeling secure by having 100's of fry around them to all of the sudden it's just the 2 of them!  But I'm sure in a week or so they'll start to realize where their food comes from ;-)

Me too!!!! Hoping he stays "dalmatian" with base color of white, and black spots. One of the black spots has an orange undertone... so we'll see! I just really LOVE their matte coloration. Once they make it through QT, I'll be posting more pictures of them, I'm sure. :)

I love matte fish too :wub:

One of mine is completely white, but has sloowlllyy developed a tiny black spot on her tail, and one blue one near the dorsal. Hopefully if yours does have to change, it takes as long as she does :rofl

Ummm but orange spots on that fish would be just as awesome! :rockon

Great finds.

They're so gorgeous! I have a similarly coloured and sizes oranda from Petco purchased a few months ago named Perdita. I'm sure they'll grow well in your care!

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk