Meet Cosmo the Betta

egov628

Hello! I never really posted anything like this before but I always read them and I thought it would be fun to post about my betta fish [emoji16] his name is Cosmo and is a cellophane betta. 6117654563116b9512f06754b67d04af.jpg

He lives in a 10 gallon tank which people have told me was obsessive but I don't want to stick him into a tiny bowl so this was the other option. I first got him the big fake plant as you can see on your left and then two real plants. Cosmo seems to like the fake plant a lot so I left it in there for him. He has a betta log, a diy filter I found in YouTube with an air stone, a heater and everything! I originally had a submarine in there for him but he seem to be uninterested in it so I took it out and I was thinking of getting driftwood for him. Also question, what do you think about bare bottom tanks for bettas? I took out the gravel I had in there because it messed with the pH levels but I was thinking of putting it back in with I get the driftwood to try and keep the pH level balanced. I really don't know what to do about the pH levels to be honest because of the Zika virus they raised the chlorine levels in the tap so the changed the water here from 7 to 8.2 and then with the gravel it went to 9. So yeah not sure what to do about that but he seems to be fine and very active. He mostly ignored everything else in his tank and just forge through the big fake plant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Handsome boy! Looks like he's king of the castle :D

He is kind of spoiled [emoji13] but that's because he is my first pet so... Yeah haha but I try to give him the best life possible.

I love his name! And he's one lucky Betta to have all that space to himself :)

What's going on with the bubbling vase, if you don't mind me asking? Is that your DIY filter? Do you have a link to the video about that thingamabob? How does it work!?  :krazy:

Edited by Caretta Rose

What's going on with the bubbling vase, if you don't mind me asking? Is that your DIY filter? Do you have a link to the video about that thingamabob? How does it work!? :krazy:

I actually came up with the name because he reminds me of something space like so first came rocket then comet then I was like Cosmo! And I was there is your name! Haha like fairy odd parents

She explains how it works in the video

(It actually does work because when I removed the polyester filling I saw a lot of brown gunk on it.)

I would use a gravel that does not effect the ph levels. He has a wonderful home and bare bottom is fine.

What kind of gravel doesn't effect the pH levels? I really don't know so do you have any suggestions on where I can pick some up? [emoji16] If gravel would make Cosmo happier then I'm all for it!

What's going on with the bubbling vase, if you don't mind me asking? Is that your DIY filter? Do you have a link to the video about that thingamabob? How does it work!? :krazy:

I actually came up with the name because he reminds me of something space like so first came rocket then comet then I was like Cosmo! And I was there is your name! Haha like fairy odd parents

(It actually does work because when I removed the polyester filling I saw a lot of brown gunk on it.)

I think I must've missed where you linked the video? 

And that's cute about the name. My dad's cat is actually named Cosmo, but apparently he's named after Cosmo Kramer. I don't even know.

Cosmo_Kramer.jpg

And that's cute about the name. My dad's cat is actually named Cosmo, but apparently he's named after Cosmo Kramer. I don't even know.

Cosmo_Kramer.jpg

If it isn't showing up then you can look it up on YouTube diy betta fish filter and this one was made by creativepetkeeping

Cosmo_Kramer.jpg

If it isn't showing up then you can look it up on YouTube diy betta fish filter and this one was made by creativepetkeeping

Okay yeah it's not showing up... Not sure why