My dream Fish

• Helper

I went to my favourite fish shop today to order my new tank (It's getting made to order yay!)

I knew they would have some stunning goldies as usual so for the past week, I've been telling myself there is only ONE type of goldfish that is coming home with me and that was a Calico Butterfly. As that is something I've wanted for years and years and Once all tanks are set up I'll only have room for the one more.

I saw some real cuties..but passed them all up.

Then I saw her.

A Calico Butterfly.

The only one.

She came home with me.

I haven't named her yet.

WspcigS.jpg

zToJnSn.jpg

E1R8L6U.jpg

CyOp395.jpg

7DSR07K.jpg

8hWOR1a.jpg

1gfqvpF.jpg

qyZ92h2.jpg

hy8uSCZ.jpg

Oh, yay! One thing, though. I put Nericon in a holding tank with that residual amount of gravel in it and she ATE it that quickly and it made her sick. Now - I know she eats gravel but it slipped my mind. I've never had any fish but her actively eat gravel, but it's terrible for them and adult fish kept in bare bottom their entire lives can mix up gravel with pellets and just eat all of it. Wouldn't want that to happen to pretty Jasmine here so do check to ensure she SPITS OUT the gravel when you see her pick it up! Anyway, congrats! I love calicos.

• Helper

Oh I've been watching her and she does spit out the gravel! The rest of it will be coming out tomorrow though when she gets a WC. I wasn't planning on coming home with a goldie today and actually had this tank set up empty for something else LOL. ut she came with me instead! So I scooped out as much of the gravel as I could get without emptying the tank again. 

Thank you, though! I did think of your Nericon when I put her in there!

YES!!! She is perfect!

I saw your pic thread before this one. Happy and confused when i saw her there. :teehee

Congrats!!

Happy New Fish Day   :pianobanana

Jasmine looks very smart and bookish, like the head librarian of the fish library. It's those big eyes and small mouth, I guess?

She's beautiful, Mandy - so happy for you and Jasmine.