Sign in to follow this  
amoonklein

Coming to an Aquarium (or Pond) Near You...

Ohhh that dark one and the mostly white one are GORGEOUS!

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

1495b5e2d6efd43a943153617c21ee74.jpg

This one is my favorite. Although I like several of them lol.

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

The struggle is real!!

Check out my fish thread for some recent fish portraits from this spawn:

Gorgeous Ryukins! Got to get 'em into your tank!

Yay!  Thanks MG :D

Here's a post on the water goobers that were re-homed: http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/123627-beybeys/?p=1988029

They look great! I'm hoping I can get one.

Hi MJ.  I sent you a PM with some video linkies.  Take a peek when you have some time and we can chat to see if a goldy/shiping would work for you :)

Here's a post on the water goobers that were re-homed: http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/123627-beybeys/?p=1988029

Hi MJ.  I sent you a PM with some video linkies.  Take a peek when you have some time and we can chat to see if a goldy/shiping would work for you :)

In case you didn't get my PM either, I PMed you telling you I never got a PM. Lol, I don't know what happened?

In case you didn't get my PM either, I PMed you telling you I never got a PM. Lol, I don't know what happened?

Oops!  I don't know what happened either!  I just got your PM though and replied :D  Hopefully, this one doesn't disappear into cyberspace

So far the new tropicals I got are living. So fingers crossed. If things continue to go well and you still have some I may hit you up later. I love your little guys.

So far the new tropicals I got are living. So fingers crossed. If things continue to go well and you still have some I may hit you up later. I love your little guys.

So glad to hear they are doing well.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that things keep going in the right direction for you :)

Also... no one has shown interest in the one you like the best so if it turns out you're in the market for a little ryukin, he/she may still be available for you :D

O oh, Daniels getting clucky :teehee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly I was unable to spare the shipping expense right now, but I encourage anybody who can to try and help one of Ammonkleins cute little Ryukins. They're so spunky and cute!

I so want some. Its still too soon for me though. I would not forgive myself if I ended up killing them.

Sadly I was unable to spare the shipping expense right now, but I encourage anybody who can to try and help one of Ammonkleins cute little Ryukins. They're so spunky and cute!

Thanks, MJ :)

I so want some. Its still too soon for me though. I would not forgive myself if I ended up killing them.

No worries, Daniel :) 

I'm happy to report that the first little Ryukin shipped arrived safe and sound today and is in QT with Chris1251 :D  I'm also sending four little wigglers this evening to Morgan'sMiracles for delivery tomorrow :)  Shipping fish is an interesting experience.  It feels so strange to put them in bags and send them on their way!

I'll hopefully update the thread soon and include more pics and/or videos of the fish still available so people can see who is who.  I also have a few options for rehoming a bunch thanks to the suggestions of a few members here, including mysterygirl.  I see a lot of phone calls and planning in my future  :teehee

Glad to hear everything is going well for you!!!!!

What is the average gram weight or length of fish? (specify if full length or body length)?  I need another goldfish but I'm not sure if ours are large enough yet.

What is the average gram weight or length of fish? (specify if full length or body length)?  I need another goldfish but I'm not sure if ours are large enough yet.

Their gram weight averages between 10-12 grams.  They are still quite small and their average SL is between 1"-2".  There are a few that are smaller/larger, but this seems to be about average.  I really need to get some more pics and videos posted of these guys :)

Their gram weight averages between 10-12 grams.  They are still quite small and their average SL is between 1"-2".  There are a few that are smaller/larger, but this seems to be about average.  I really need to get some more pics and videos posted of these guys :)

Ah darn a bit too tiny, my girl is 37 grams and body is about 3" (~5" to tip of tail) Worries the size difference would mean bullying for lil' ones :c

Ah darn a bit too tiny, my girl is 37 grams and body is about 3" (~5" to tip of tail) Worries the size difference would mean bullying for lil' ones :c

Yes, that's a tough one... I'd be worried about the size difference too :)  I think it's very sweet that you would even consider one of these water goobers.  I'm sure you'll find a great buddy for your lovely girl :D

I actually wouldn't be too concerned. My 8 gram Patiska was in the tank with 26 gram Rhonda and 70 gram Slate and she held her own quite well. Its all about the fishes personal temperament. Patiska is quite the little scamp, and the big fish don't scare her and she let them know! Ryukins are pretty headstrong and I've actually never heard of one being bullied.

I have 15-20g fish in with my 360g+ boy :o No issues there either. he is actually really gentle with the little ones

After hearing from others that size difference isn't as big an issue as I thought it might be I was looking through your photos again.

My hubby walked by and pointed out one he likes- the middle one (with gaping mouth action-yellow with white band and black flecks).

Unsure if my hubby likes it enough to be the replacement but he commented on how nice it looks.

Is it still around? Or re-homed?  (Sorry I know spotting a specific fish out of a chaotic tank of over 50 screaming "food? food?!" is not easy.)

IMG_9487_zpsg1xsjzjo.jpg

Edited by AquaAurora

After hearing from others that size difference isn't as big an issue as I thought it might be I was looking through your photos again.

My hubby walked by and pointed out one he likes- the middle one (with gaping mouth action-yellow with white band and black flecks).

Unsure if my hubby likes it enough to be the replacement but he commented on how nice it looks.

Is it still around? Or re-homed?  (Sorry I know spotting a specific fish out of a chaotic tank of over 50 screaming "food? food?!" is not easy.)

IMG_9487_zpsg1xsjzjo.jpg

:teehee It's always good to have options... and I'm pretty sure that gaping-mouth cutie is still hanging out with its siblings.  I'll send you a PM later this evening when I get home and get some video for you so you and your hubby can take a look to see if he/she may be a good fit.  :D

IMG_9487_zpsg1xsjzjo.jpg

:teehee It's always good to have options... and I'm pretty sure that gaping-mouth cutie is still hanging out with its siblings.  I'll send you a PM later this evening when I get home and get some video for you so you and your hubby can take a look to see if he/she may be a good fit.   :D

ok thank you very much! ^^

I love that yellow/white blotchy one under the gaping mouth one lol. Too bad I'm all the way over here

I love that yellow/white blotchy one under the gaping mouth one lol. Too bad I'm all the way over here

That one is definitely a cutie  :heart and is currently in QT over at Chris's house waiting to officially meet Hindenburg :D

That one is definitely a cutie  :heart and is currently in QT over at Chris's house waiting to officially meet Hindenburg :D

Lol... It's THE Hindenburg to you! Haha kidding. Can't wait to see them together. Ordinarily I'd be worried about a Ryukin stealing all the foodie but I think they will do well since that little Pearlie is such a vibrant thing an they're both still little. BTW - about how large are mama and papa Ryukin?