Coming to an Aquarium (or Pond) Near You...

amoonklein

• Supporter

... No, really!  I'd LOVE for these guys to wiggle in your aquarium or pond:

My ryukins spawned early late January (much to my surprise) and I've spent the better part of this year in a crash course on raising fry.  92 fry to be exact (56 from the first spawn, 27 from the second spawn, and 9 from the third... sheesh they were busy).  Although it's been a bit of a whirlwind for me, I've really enjoyed every part of raising these guys... even the water changes.  Soooooo many water changes.   I've grown quite attached and as much as I would love to keep each and every one of them, there is sadly not enough room for me to do so.  Which brings me to the purpose of this post:

Anyone want to adopt some ryukin juvies?!  :please  Right now I have 66 that I need to re-home.  That's a lot of ryukin cuteness!

The kokomunity is my first choice for re-homing these guys.  I won't even let my friends or family pick any until you guys have had the opportunity to adopt first.  You have dibs if you want them.

They are about 6 months old.  Their diet was live baby brine shrimp, after about a month I added in Repashy Soilent Green into the mix. A little over a month ago I transitioned them all to NLS 0.5mm pellets.

I'm located in California in the San Francisco - East Bay area.  If anyone is local and looking for a new addition, I'm happy to work have you come over, come to you, or schedule a meet-up half-way(ish). 

I'm also open to shipping.  I've never shipped a fish before, but have received shipped fish.  I think so long as they are packed properly, I'd feel comfortable shipping them.  I would still need to research options, packing materials, and costs.

Speaking of cost... these guys are FREE :D I would only ask for reimbursement on shipping (if shipping is needed).

Here are some pics of goldies:

IMG_9522_zpstej0tfjm.jpg

IMG_9520_zpszwrvrmxn.jpg

IMG_9514_zpsw1jthlmh.jpg

IMG_9510_zpsxp0wxfkp.jpg

IMG_9497_zpsibskkydx.jpg

IMG_9493_zps75go88xs.jpg

IMG_9491_zps7ibobax1.jpg

IMG_9487_zpsg1xsjzjo.jpg

IMG_9531_zpsa5hrswu2.jpg

IMG_9537_zpsoyxddcdz.jpg

IMG_9542_zpsqonl1b9p.jpg

And these are the parents:

Mama

IMG_9362_zpsjakow2wr.jpg

Papa

IMG_9372_zpsgvklf5nu.jpg

There is one catch!  If you end up adopting, you can expect me to occasionally bother you for updates and pics :teehee

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Supporter

I'd take some if I had any room at all! Good luck rehoming them - have you considered selling them to a local pet store?

Thanks, Taryl :D  I did consider a few local fish stores, but I'd like that to be a last resort for me.  Even though a few stores in my area are pretty decent, they're a bit lacking in goldfish care and it would break my heart to see them there.  I would totally be willing to drive them to a really great fish store anywhere in the East Bay if it meant they would be well taken care of and/or that they would be sold to good homes <-- my husband thinks I'm crazy.  It's a running joke in the house that there will be an intense application/interview process for potential friend/family adopters :teehee

• Supporter

I so wish I could right now. But until I get things fixed and figure out what's been killing my fish I'm not going to put any other fish in danger. I hope they all find good homes here with the people of kokos

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

• Supporter

I so wish I could right now. But until I get things fixed and figure out what's been killing my fish I'm not going to put any other fish in danger. I hope they all find good homes here with the people of kokos

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

Thank you for the good thoughts.  I'm so sorry to hear about your fish :(  I hope you figure out what is going on and that your goldies are on the mend soon.

• Supporter

Wish I had room.   But pond and tank are full.

Thanks :D  I wish I had room too!!  If there was a way for me to have a huge pond, I'd totally keep them all :pond

Allie, I could take 4!  Or even more.  I can meet you south of San Fran at some point, no rush for either of us. I'm car shopping, so perhaps can combine a car look-see with a fish pick up. YAY! So glad to help you with this, and you know I'm fantail-atical about my fish pals. 

Edited by mysterygirl

I remember seeing a big cute fry ages ago that I wanted sooo much. I recently consolidated my tanks but if I could have him, I'd be so mega happy. I promise to take good care of him. Ryukins are my favorite and he would be carefully looked after and not mixed with my others. How much would shipping be?

Edited by mjfromga

• Supporter

Allie, I could take 4!  Or even more.  I can meet you south of San Fran at some point, no rush for either of us. I'm car shopping, so perhaps can combine a car look-see with a fish pick up. YAY! So glad to help you with this, and you know I'm fantail-atical about my fish pals. 

Oh my goodness!!  That would be WONDERFUL :D  I would love some of these goobers to swim around in your pond.  I actually have a friend that lives in your area, so I'd happily do a drop-off on the way to visit her (just a thought to make it easier on you).  I'll send you a PM and we can figure out details and what works well for both of us.   :happydance

• Supporter

Ah I wish i could take some. But all the way over here is a bit lonely :P

Besides I only have room for one more fish and that has to be an extra extra special one

Thank you :D  I know exactly what you mean about that one last fish!  It's so hard to pick one and it definitely has to be extra special :)

• Supporter

I remember seeing a big cute fry ages ago that I wanted sooo much. I recently consolidated my tanks but if I could have him, I'd be so mega happy. I promise to take good care of him. Ryukins are my favorite and he would be carefully looked after and not mixed with my others. How much would shipping be?

Awwww  :heart I think I remember which one you're talking about.  I'm planning on getting a few videos over the next few days... that way you can make sure it's the right guy :D

• Supporter

I found him. Its this one. I think he's so awesome. Cute little shape.

Oh, I'm sorry... I thought in my other thread (in the breeding section) you had talked about this guy and how the silver had reminded you of your Slate:

:idont

That one is actually the biggest right now and was moved to the main tank (along with Biggie and Harvey).  My husband named it Abraham (the goldfish from Good Times).  Turns out Abraham and Biggie are girls (I see outties)

Abraham (Abby) has gotten much darker and chunkier:

IMG_9440_zpszcpznuvu.jpg

I was actually hoping to keep Biggie.  She has sentimental value for me because she was the biggest fry for a long time and the first to start showing a color change.   I'm sorry, MJ :(  I feel bad.

If you were interested in Abby, I'd happily give her to you.  She's got the deepest fry coloring of them all, but it looks to me like gold is poking out on her sides and she's lighter on the belly so I'm not sure what color she'll end up.  

Of course, I still plan on taking videos so you guys can see everyone, so please don't feel like you have to commit to anything... no pressure!

It's okay. I am in no position to make demands and of course they're your fish. Biggie was the special one to me too but I'm hoping to see updates on her as she grows. Since you have SO MANY that need homes, if the shipping isn't too bad, I will take Abby instead :)

• Supporter

It's okay. I am in no position to make demands and of course they're your fish. Biggie was the special one to me too but I'm hoping to see updates on her as she grows. Since you have SO MANY that need homes, if the shipping isn't too bad, I will take Abby instead :)

You're too sweet  :heart I kinda feel like I'm in no position to make demands either LOL.  If I had my way, I'd keep all of them.

I'll give you dibs on Abby if you'd like her, but of course, you are welcome to change your mind once you see pics/videos of some of the others :)