Molly's

koko

• Admin

Very cute mollies and tank setup!  :wub:

Most of our local fish stores seem to specialize in saltwater fish and tanks, especially gorgeous corals. I'm thinking of starting a second saltwater tank with mollies, too.

How easy are mollies to take care of, compared to goldfish?

Pretty easy, just have to make sure you get a salt reader and just pre mix the salt before a water change.... The only plant that made it through the fresh water to salt water was my moss ball.. :o go figure :lol

• Admin

What kind of tank size do you need for them?

Min of 30 gallons... The bigger the better :) I have a 36 gallon Bow front tank... No sand or gravel in there...:)

• Admin

I love your tank set up Koko! They are too cute... :wub:

1 per 30gal Koko?

Oh no hun... about 5-6 females and then one male..The thing is they will breed like crazy.. So you need the space in there :)

• 5 weeks later...

All your mollies have lyretails! So pretty. When you first purchase them, do they need any sort of perfunctory medicating, like how we prazi new goldfish?

I actually had mollies before goldfish but i didnt qt a new arrival and knocked out all my stock... ????

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

• Admin

All your mollies have lyretails! So pretty. When you first purchase them, do they need any sort of perfunctory medicating, like how we prazi new goldfish?

I actually had mollies before goldfish but i didnt qt a new arrival and knocked out all my stock...

I didnt QT them either and almost killed them all..... I would Prazi them just like goldfish... These guys are in Salt water and silver and are doing great.... no one comes in this tank its closed :)

I actually had mollies before goldfish but i didnt qt a new arrival and knocked out all my stock...

I didnt QT them either and almost killed them all..... I would Prazi them just like goldfish... These guys are in Salt water and silver and are doing great.... no one comes in this tank its closed :)

What does Silver (colloidal?) do for them? I thought it was a medication.

• Admin

What does Silver (colloidal?) do for them? I thought it was a medication.

I use it once a month. It is an antibiotic and so it kills any bad bacteria in the tank. Also it makes the water sparkle: )

• Admin

Well I can only see 2 of them left...  one of them isnt black at all is more neutral color.. I wonder what color that one will be since all the others where jet black color when born :yikes