Molly's

koko

• Admin

These guys are in SW now... The black ones are all the babies that where born in the tank.... They got a major worm infestation and it took me about a good month or so to get rid of them. I really thought they where going to die. The only things that got rid of them was placing them into salt water and then de worm food... Enjoy I just love them :)

• Admin

Chris here.... They look like they are doing a happy dance, they feel sooooooo good!!!

:happydance

They are so happy now... When they where sick they would hide all the time made me so sad... Now I come in and they are just begging for food :teehee

• Admin

The poor mans salt water fish. lol I had a couple before I got the courage to get real salt water fish.  

Nice tank.

I miss my SW tank but around here the SW world isnt good. To hard to deal with and the only stores with SW is Petco :o

• Admin

Most of my stuff was shipped to me.

I like to look at the coral in person, and the rocks... Had a bad experience with rock along time ago and had a massive out break of Bristle worms.... Around here about all you can find is fish and the salt... not much in the tanks or anything else.. Unless I want to drive about an hour.

I just love the Mollies, you get the salt water world and you get live babies too, best of both worlds :)

• Admin

They are so cute! I don't know anything about Mollies so I never knew they could live in Salt Water :o I thought they were all freshwater

I just knew the basics when I got them... When they got sick I started looking up more on what they can tolerate... I love that they can live in SW. I find it so much easier to take care of and man are they happy..

If you ever want Mollies let me know Ill help ya... They are like Mini goldfish :teehee

• Admin

Lol did Justine say

"Suck on that."

I like the light colored ones, they have humps above their heads like Ryukins.

Nope hun rofl

She said Stop that !

Me too, the 6 pack should start to change, they already have silver on there bellies and on the fins... :)

They change? I didn't know that. I think I want Mollies now. I loveeee the light colored ones and you say they all get like that. Don't have space but maybe next time around. So cute. And LOL! I knew it was odd for a 5 year old to be saying what I thought I heard. Apologies!

• Admin

They change? I didn't know that. I think I want Mollies now. I loveeee the light colored ones and you say they all get like that. Don't have space but maybe next time around. So cute. And LOL! I knew it was odd for a 5 year old to be saying what I thought I heard. Apologies!

lol yesterday she was stomping on a water balloon and siad to them die lol

Yeas some stay black while others turn color. Just like goldfish but the cool thing i can have more in a tank than with goldfish lol....some day ill have goldfish again. :)

Awesome!! Have you ever thought about possibly adding a salt water fish to the tank?

I had a balloon belly but she just wouldn't gain any weight and after maybe 2 months just passed away. I do have 8 guppy babies that I raised :o the mom unfortunately died after maybe 2 months after having them. It's almost like she actually popped it seemed :( it was sad. Dad is still alive and well though. My brother is going away to college so I may take over his room with a 20 long for Mollie's and guppies :lol2

• Admin

Awesome!! Have you ever thought about possibly adding a salt water fish to the tank?

I had a balloon belly but she just wouldn't gain any weight and after maybe 2 months just passed away. I do have 8 guppy babies that I raised :o the mom unfortunately died after maybe 2 months after having them. It's almost like she actually popped it seemed :( it was sad. Dad is still alive and well though. My brother is going away to college so I may take over his room with a 20 long for Mollie's and guppies :lol2

you silly :wa

These guys are in SW now... They have been in it for about 3 months :)

:teehee i mean like a clownfish or something :lol2

• Admin

No no I did mixing of fish and almost killed everyone.... Nope just Mollies for me :)

lol yesterday she was stomping on a water balloon and siad to them die lol

Yeas some stay black while others turn color. Just like goldfish but the cool thing i can have more in a tank than with goldfish lol....some day ill have goldfish again. :)

Die... LOL! Kids can be so funny. The new neighbors kids have recently noticed fish in the little porch pond. They wanted to get one out to see, so I fished out Robin into the 2 gallon tank I use to check them for them to see. They were so happy to see him.

Then, one spotted a "colorful" fish like a "rainbow" and wanted to see HIM instead because he thought I only had regular orange ones. So I fished out Omen, the nacreous calico Ryukin. Ever since, they've been absolutely FASCINATED with Omen and only want to spot and see him.

When they come over, they rush to the pond looking for him. It's really quite funny. They are actually afraid of being bitten by the fish and they won't put their hands into the water etc. That's a good thing because forbid friendly Omen went up looking for a handout and a kid carried him off!

As for the mollies, they're such cutie pies. The bumpy heads make me want my own lol

No no I did mixing of fish and almost killed everyone.... Nope just Mollies for me :)

oh no! :(

Very cute mollies and tank setup!  :wub:

Most of our local fish stores seem to specialize in saltwater fish and tanks, especially gorgeous corals. I'm thinking of starting a second saltwater tank with mollies, too.

How easy are mollies to take care of, compared to goldfish?