Fantail or Ryukin?

Mimerz626

I was sold Kali and told he was a Ryukin but now I'm beginning to think he may be a fantail. Any input is appreciated [emoji4] I'm a newb and still trying to learn.

If he is a fantail is it ok to keep him with my other 3 Ryukins? 3f9e2f496e441fb4fa7cada0551c24ce.jpg4ef4ddaace77f8a639f1136323fa7ab4.jpgec3f1570a87fb940cd11c9501a07df7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's very pretty!

How old is he? I have fantail x ryukins. Some have backs as high as their father and they took quite a long time to develop.

I think there's a good chance I'm just seeing things, but does anyone else notice a thin whisper of a wen? One of my orandas started off with virtually no wen, just a slightly translucent layer of extra "skin" on his head. It kind of looked the same as what I see in the photos, but like I said I'm probably just seeing things. My oranda finally started showing some wen growth after a few months with me. 

• Supporter

Looks like a lovely fantail to me :)

I think there's a good chance I'm just seeing things, but does anyone else notice a thin whisper of a wen? One of my orandas started off with virtually no wen, just a slightly translucent layer of extra "skin" on his head. It kind of looked the same as what I see in the photos, but like I said I'm probably just seeing things. My oranda finally started showing some wen growth after a few months with me. 

I see what you see! One of my fish that was sold as an oranda has that as well but has never grown past it. She has never grown much at all though