Peas

Candybugs

I fed my big fish peas yesterday and they loved it. I had one that had the swim bladder issue that's the only reason I found out about peas. I might try handfeeding a few to that guy just to be sure he gets some. Pretty cool.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

One of my fish typically swam with a bit of a tilt.  Fed a couple of peas one afternoon, and forgot about it.  The next day, I was looking into the tank, and couldn't figure out what was different about that fish; just couldn't put my finger on it...

Not everyone thinks peas are a good staple food, but they do seem to work when needed.

Edited by Distaff

I like to feed shelled peas to my goldfish once in a while, too!

I dangle a cooked, squished up pea (no skin) in the water and Treasure grabs it right out of my fingers. :)

I've only ever heard good things about feeding peas to fish to help with their overall digestion.

I hope your fish isn't sick with something more. Does he swim better now?

Cool! Glad they liked it.  And its always fun when your fish are so tame that they will handfeed :)

I've got 1 ryukin in my tank that floats for hours after eating pellet food.  So I recently decided to completely eliminate pellet food from their diet.  I'm feeding gel food (repashy soilent green), bloodworms, and peas.  I'm thinking about getting repashy meat pie (the one for fish), and mixing it 50/50 with the soilent green to add more protein to their diet.