OK.  I understand now.  Everything sounds fine.  

If that $#*^! nitrite doesn't disappear within a week, I won't understand at all.

OK.  I understand now.  Everything sounds fine.  

If that $#*^! nitrite doesn't disappear within a week, I won't understand at all.

Chris here... ROFL!!! Your sentiment is echoed more loudly here!!!

Should I disassemble the bio wheel??? Or leave everything as is??? I'm doing a 75% water change right now...

:wacko:

You can do as Lisa suggested and take the paper off the biowheel and put it in one of the filters.  

Have you done anything more with the zeolite?  You could use the biowheel filter to hold that.

Don't mind me.  I find a way to reuse almost everything. :D

You can do as Lisa suggested and take the paper off the biowheel and put it in one of the filters.  

Have you done anything more with the zeolite?  You could use the biowheel filter to hold that.

Don't mind me.  I find a way to reuse almost everything. :D

You are the bomb!!! I love the way you mind works... I am considering it... It's just I'm so distracted but Guys passing and making sure Mr. Potato Head (tracking down meds just incase) is ok and the ongoing nitrite battle... My poor little peanut brain is ready for the rubber room... I admire the wealth of knowledge that your team manages... And greatful for the willingness that you have to share your pearls of wisdom...

:)

Chris here again.... Forgot to give the post WC numbers.... Standard test = .25, adjusted = 00000000000!!!!!!!

:D:

Edited by Chris1251

Lisa has good bugs!

:I-Thank-You:

:rofl3

I think maybe she does!!! :tomuch:

:9

Chris here... Today's pre WC numbers... :(

PH-8.0, ammonia-.25, nitrite-5, nitrate-10.... More to come... Shakaho 75% WC???

Yes.

Yes.

Chris here... Post WC nitrite numbers... I also received the Seachem nitrite test today so I gave that a try too... ;)

Standard - .25, adjusted - 0, Seachem - .05

I also found out why the new AC is dripping... It's missing the rubber ring... Got one coming in the mail... :D

If I remember correctly, it took a good 3-4 days to start to see a decrease in nitrite in the other people's tanks I've sent my BBs to.  :D

Is the new AC running with the drip or ?   . . .  :idont

If I remember correctly, it took a good 3-4 days to start to see a decrease in nitrite in the other people's tanks I've sent my BBs to. :D

Is the new AC running with the drip or ? . . . :idont

Chris here... Oh yay!!! I was hoping for "MAGIC"... LOL!!! :rofl2: I'll try to be patient... It has been an eternity, at least for me... And maybe for Shakaho as well... :help1: She has the patience of an angel....

Yes, it is running... The drip is really a slow dip... There was maybe a 1/3 of a cup of water in a little over 24 hrs... I'm keeping an close eye on it... When l was inspecting it the internal area of the impeller was dry so however it's fitting the water is seeping out and not in... :wacko:

Edited by Chris1251

Before you do the water change today, please test with both nitrite kits.  Don't do any adjustments, just report.  Thanks.

Before you do the water change today, please test with both nitrite kits.  Don't do any adjustments, just report.  Thanks.

Good morning Shakaho, Here are today's numbers.....

API. PH-8.0, ammonia-.25, nitrite-5, nitrates = 5-10

Seachem Nitrite = .07-1.2, Nitrate = 7-11

I'm including pictures so you can see what I see... I'm not sure how to interperate the values on this new scale... Please advise on size of WC.... Thank you!! :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Do a 50% change and read nitrite with both kits again.

Will do....

Will do....

Chris here... 50% WC completed...

Post WC test results...

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k116/thelaphams/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-06/2016-07/50D14931-F68C-46AE-B521-B301FF81A428_zpshouvpaos.jpg

I looked up the instructions and I still don't know how to read the Seachem tests.  I am pretty sure that the samples don't match the color you selected this time.  I'd pull the strip out and lay it next to each well to match it.  I'm also puzzled that your nitrite and nitrate tests appear to come out the same color. 

I looked up the instructions and I still don't know how to read the Seachem tests.  I am pretty sure that the samples don't match the color you selected this time.  I'd pull the strip out and lay it next to each well to match it.  I'm also puzzled that your nitrite and nitrate tests appear to come out the same color.

Shakaho, I know... I thought it was weird as well... I will take today's tests outside to photo... I'm struggling with these result colors that are so close in color value that is crapshoot to get the right number.... And I am really good with color, I have had lots of practice as a quilter...

This mornings test numbers up shortly... :blowup:

Chris here... Hare are today's numbers....

API, PH-8.0, ammonia-.25, nitrite-2+, nitrate-5

Seachem... Picture attached, cause I can't decide??? Grrrrrr....

Posted Image

Took the the picture outside.... :(

So nitrite seems to be less than 5? :lol

Chris here... Hare are today's numbers....

API, PH-8.0, ammonia-.25, nitrite-2+, nitrate-5

Seachem... Picture attached, cause I can't decide??? Grrrrrr....

EB11FCA7-BF1D-47DA-853B-9B752C480314_zps

Took the the picture outside.... :(

Hi Lisa!!! Yes on the API test the nitrites were close to 2... On the Seachem test... I have no clue what the values mean... :wacko:

Have you worked with the Seachem test??? Maybe you can help me figure out what the values mean...

Which well has the nitrite test and which the nitrate?  Do they look the same color to you?  If so, to me it looks like nitrite reads 0.2 to 2, and nitrate maybe 7-10.

You might go to Seachem support and send them the picture and request interpretation.

Nope I've never used theSeachem test... Very hard to read. :undecided: