Where to start on a pond...

hannah

Hello!

I’ve returned 2 years later. 😁😁

The pond was finally set up in 2017 when I convinced my brother to come round and dig a hole in the ground for me. 🙄 The 3 fishies in there made it through last winter with no problems!

I will try and get a photo sometime but we have a slight algae problem at the moment. 

• Admin
4 hours ago, hannahh said:

Hello!

I’ve returned 2 years later. 😁😁

The pond was finally set up in 2017 when I convinced my brother to come round and dig a hole in the ground for me. 🙄 The 3 fishies in there made it through last winter with no problems!

I will try and get a photo sometime but we have a slight algae problem at the moment. 

Cant wait to see it all :thumbs: 

6 hours ago, koko said:

Cant wait to see it all :thumbs: 

Haha the fish are the only pretty part of it right now. I have a black thumb - no plant survives! 

Everyone was feeling a bit shy today. Here’s my one oranda when I bought him and him today. I’m loving how his colours are changing. His oranges are much more vibrant since he’s been outside. 😍

22D1293C-6474-44D4-A3FE-E5896E0F91A2.jpeg

930EE3C8-A6EC-4BB4-A1E2-F0BB5F0ED702.jpeg

F774C9C7-8D06-4DDD-92F1-49435E21EF3F.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Oranda no. 2 decided to make an appearance! Kind of. I’m convinced wens develop so much better when they’re outside. I’ve been sold so many orandas that have spent their entire lives looking like fantails. :hmm

Also bought a tiny little red cap, only one I’ve ever found in a pet shop. He’s fattening up and will be overwintering and growing out in the house as I’m pretty sure my old fantail could fit him in his mouth.

9B59DE91-0E36-434B-B3FA-C6914CEB042D.jpeg

E11CF51F-7575-4D01-9832-6E80B346095C.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Long time no see! 

At the moment the first oranda pictured is the only one remaining in the pond. We have a broken pond pump at the minute so a slightly disastrous pond. Will hopefully get it sorted soon.

Little red cap is no longer a red cap nor little and ended up staying indoors!

6AB6368A-30B0-49D2-8273-0122FADD533A.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...