Sign in to follow this  
DieselPlower

I'm dating a woman who has this...!

:lol2

Perhaps someone needs to come up with a "Forum Decorum" thread.

I skimmed thru this thread and i say ccongrats to DP on finding someone.

Ok so she "treats goldfish badly" according to us. Dedicated goldfish owners.

But to the average Joe what she had done is acceptable. Everywhere you look on tv magazines etc etc you see goldfish in a bowl.

So she thinks its right.

Bit attacking someone about it will just scare them off, they wont listen to a thing you say and just discount you as "that crazy person".

If you're passionate about something that's great. But do remember. Not everyone shares your views. So you need to cut some slack and try to slowly and non offensively educate them.

Telling someone they're horrible and that they're a bad pet owner isnt going to get you very far nor help the pets.

Its comments like some that i saw above that keeps alot of people away from forums.

Being told the new (super expensive) tank they just bought is crap and useless and they're not fit to own fish etc is not going to make them all of a sudden go out and buy a 200gallon 8 foot tank for what some people see as a bunch of $1 fish for their kids.

You need to go about it the right way. Dont forget everything said here is visible to the public eye on google. So bickering and arguing between each other does not do tje forum anygood. Nor the uniformed average fish owner.

I wont tell you how many people ive spoken to that have told ne to steer clear of this forum due the "Crazy psycho's" on here.

I just tell them its a bunch of passionate fish owners.

But yes a Sticky/pinned "Forum Decorum" thread note may be needed to explain to people how to talk to other members and new comers etc in each section and also explain how to approach and explain to the uneducated on how to help them without offending them.

The idea is to help the forum grow. Not shrink into non-existence.

Apologies for the rant.

Best of luck DP.

9 are in my 125 gallon

How about 'dem photos?

Edited by Acro

Apologies for the rant.

Best of luck DP.

We totally understand what you are saying. In some instances a person will come here and be a problem, but in a way where we keep having to ask them not to do this or that, but some people are a little challenged when coming to being cordial online and eventually they are either asked to leave or leave on their own.

We don't always jump right to asking someone to leave, we are much more prone to give another chance in hopes everyone can get along. Sometimes people do not want to get along and thrive on drama. When that becomes clear the person is asked to leave or leaves on their own.

Believe me we would love it if everyone was always nice and got along and I wish it didn't take so long and do so much damage to the forum when we try to give someone a chance that doesn't really want to get along. 

This unfortunately is the nature of a forum. Comparatively, this forum is much friendlier and mature that most. 

Thanks for bringing it up and I hope we are all on the same page. :)

:clapping:

9 are in my 125 gallon

How about 'dem photos?

551ddc2866aef53bf6ddfa5e4f7323f2.jpg

f82d5482512937ecf1679aecf294bb39.jpg

058d8f27c8cb7e44c3c489833b0b00de.jpg

f8cd7225342f2061ff2a31db8d22d7f8.jpg

They all stay tucked in the corner.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

They don't know what to do with all that space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don't know what to do with all that space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup! They're probably totally freaked out :lol:

All that space and all those "upside down fish"  on the bottom of the tank.   :rofl

Ugh I so want a 125g, but don't want to pay an arm 'n a leg to get one! >.<

They are branching out into the tank a bit but as soon as I move around and they see me they shoot back into the corner. I have been putting their food throughout the tank to encourage them to move around.

Give them a little adjustment time, I'm sure they will get used to their new home and their new dad and do the wiggle wiggle feed me dance in no time at all :)

Ugh I so want a 125g, but don't want to pay an arm 'n a leg to get one! >.<

Just watch Craigslist.  In every location I have ever lived, I've found that if you just check often, and wait, there will always be a big tank at a steal every few months.

They are branching out into the tank a bit but as soon as I move around and they see me they shoot back into the corner. I have been putting their food throughout the tank to encourage them to move around.

So what does the lady friend think of her fish in your tank?