Sign in to follow this  
DieselPlower

I'm dating a woman who has this...!

A dog, I guess. :hummm

I think a middle of the night covert operation to "rescue" all the fish and take them to your pond is the only possible option here! ????

is this THE Alex?!?! I must be dreaming.

A dog, I guess. :hummm

Dawg

It's a mirage of a dog.

I think a middle of the night covert operation to "rescue" all the fish and take them to your pond is the only possible option here! ????

Are there multiple Alexes? :o

No. But Alex has multiple dogs.  :o  :lol  :pp

It's the Red Baron!

alarm_smiley.gif

I think a middle of the night covert operation to "rescue" all the fish and take them to your pond is the only possible option here!

Are there multiple Alexes? :o

I think the name for that is "Alexi" :rofl

:o :O :o

So, Jason, let's get back to you and how your love life is being interfered with my non-compliant goldfish care :rofl

I'm still pushing that he take a loss and give her that 125 gallon :rofl

Imagine the gains that he will get from doing this!! :D

(You pervs! I mean the satisfaction that he gets from providing the goldfish with an appropriate home!)

Imagine the gains that he will get from doing this!! :D

(You pervs! I mean the satisfaction that he gets from providing the goldfish with an appropriate home!)

:tomuch:  Oh how I"ve missed you on the forum.  :rofl3

:ehh

Hey dnalex what's up "dog"? Nice to see you again! I went to her place straight from soccer last night so I didn't have my test kit. She said some of the original fish are from at least January. They were supposed to be turtle food but it never ate them. I told her I could bring her a nicer looking 20 gallon tank and she said "no way, I don't wanna clean that thing!" So I asked her how often does she clean the tank she has now and she said never. So I said so why do you think it would be more work having a bigger tank? I don't remember what she said but it was along the lines of no thanks!

Start sneaking fish out when she's not looking :rofl

Haha yes there are so many she won't be able to tell :rofl

Haha yes there are so many she won't be able to tell :rofl

Yes, sort of like a backwards Dr. Suess rhyme...10 fish, nine fish, eight fish, goldfish :rofl

Haha well unfortunately no longer keep slim bodied goldfish either! Only Koi in the pond now.

Hey dnalex what's up "dog"? Nice to see you again! I went to her place straight from soccer last night so I didn't have my test kit. She said some of the original fish are from at least January. They were supposed to be turtle food but it never ate them. I told her I could bring her a nicer looking 20 gallon tank and she said "no way, I don't wanna clean that thing!" So I asked her how often does she clean the tank she has now and she said never. So I said so why do you think it would be more work having a bigger tank? I don't remember what she said but it was along the lines of no thanks!

So I guess the 125 is out of the question.  :lol

:lol  Well shes not a shy one!

I just had a new student start and she saw my goldfish tanks.  She really liked them and then showed me a picture of her 2.5 gallon tank with two fantails.  She was very proud of it.  Rather than jump in with "that tank is way too small", I just talked with her about my tanks.  She almost immediately said, "how big are those tanks".  I told her and this prompted her to say "is my tank too small" to which I politely replied "most experts recommend 15-20 gallons per fish".  She's going to buy a bigger tank.  Sometimes, you need to let them "think" that it was their idea  :teehee

Edited by Jared

Glad to see you enjoying yourself! :rofl

Well why even does she need them? lol. She obviously doesn't want the work, I say give them to the local fish store. :P

I just had a new student start and she saw my goldfish tanks.  She really liked them and then showed me a picture of her 2.5 gallon tank with two fantails.  She was very proud of it.  Rather than jump in with "that tank is way too small", I just talked with her about my tanks.  She almost immediately said, "how big are those tanks".  I told her and this prompted her to say "is my tank too small" to which I politely replied "most experts recommend 15-20 gallons per fish".  She's going to buy a bigger tank.  Sometimes, you need to let them "think" that it was their idea  :teehee

This!

When you tell people they are wrong, they get defensive. Some years ago, when new people came on this forum proudly showing pictures of their four goldfish in a ten gallon tank,  a chorus of  of well-meaning members welcomed them, declared their tank overstocked, and informed them that they must immediately go out and get a 55 gallon tank.  

That's why we posted guidelines for goldfish care and ask people welcoming new members to recommend reading the guidelines.  They can find out for themselves how they should care for their fish without feeling scolded.