Sign in to follow this  
DieselPlower

I'm dating a woman who has this...!

There's about 7 single tails in there. Can't be more than 5 gallons with a tiny filter. She said she's never changed the water. I told her I'm bringing my test kit over.

7d507499de6773c66de4a0d37f268829.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

On second count it might be 9 fish?!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Edited by DieselPlower

Oh my gosh! I'm counting 9 fish too I think? I'm curious to see what the water params come out being! Do you guys have a plan for what you're going to do with the fish? How long has she had them? Best of luck!

Goldfish can be tough little guys.

She just wants you to build her a nice system.   :D

You may have to dilute to read the nitrate.

:yikes Glad she has you to help her out!  :)

Hopefully she has better qualities than her animal care - sheeeesh! Those are some resilient fish. Does she just top it off?

:yikes You sure she didn't just grab it the day before you came over to show you, you guys are into the same stuff... It looks like its been cleaned at some stage, there's no poo...does she feed them :madrant

Awful. Well now she has you and the fish have a chance. :)

I counted 10 fish!

At this rate, all you guys will be doing on dates are water changes.

....and here I was expecting to see a massive tank! :doh11:

th_good-luck-smiley.gif

I agree with Speckles.  You sure she didn't get them that day, so you guys would have something in common?  I mean, goldfish can be super resilient, but there is no way that 10 goldfish can live in 5 gallons of water with zero water changes for a long period of time without some of them dying.

Either way, it's sweet if she's trying to find common ground, and if not... those fish are insanely tough and it's a good thing you can help her out!

Yep I'm not seeing poo either.  

:yikes  :yikes :yikes

But does she have a FitBit?  :tomuch:

Happy one week anniversary, honey,  Here's your gift...a 125 gallon aquarium :rofl

Edited by Jared

Oh my gosh! I'm counting 9 fish too I think? I'm curious to see what the water params come out being! Do you guys have a plan for what you're going to do with the fish? How long has she had them? Best of luck!

She said her kids won the fish as prizes at fairs or whatever.  I didnt ask specifically but it sounded like she has had them for a while. And no we havent talked about what to do with them.  She says they have been fine and sees no need to change.  We shall see what the water tests say.  I can tell you this, I have no plans to take them!

Edited by DieselPlower

Goldfish can be tough little guys.

She just wants you to build her a nice system.   :D

You may have to dilute to read the nitrate.

Oh boy I think we will have to go out at least a few more times before I get into that! Should be interesting to see the test results.  Ill post them later.  Could be a while.

Hopefully she has better qualities than her animal care - sheeeesh! Those are some resilient fish. Does she just top it off?

She does have many qualities that I like!  The water level is just below the filter return so the splash back does make bubbles and surface turbulance.  I assume she tops off but I have no asked.  Yesterday was our 3rd date.

:yikes You sure she didn't just grab it the day before you came over to show you, you guys are into the same stuff... It looks like its been cleaned at some stage, there's no poo...does she feed them :madrant

I am not sure but I am pretty sure that she didnt buy them just before I came over.  The tank walls have a slippery biofilm developed on them which I believe takes a little while.  I also thought it was interesting there was no poop in the tank.  She feeds them flakes twice a day.  I think that having 10 fish in a small tank causes enough water movement in the tank that the little poop is swept up off the bottom as the fish swim around and it gets sucked into the filter. My 125 doesnt have any poop on the bottom either.

Awful. Well now she has you and the fish have a chance. :)

I will do my best to educate her and am even willing to give her a 20 long if she wants it.  I will say this though... Usually I will just beat someone over the head letting them know they are a moron.  I have to be nicer to this one because I like her!

I counted 10 fish!

At this rate, all you guys will be doing on dates are water changes.

haha yeah well at least they will be quick!

I agree with Speckles.  You sure she didn't get them that day, so you guys would have something in common?  I mean, goldfish can be super resilient, but there is no way that 10 goldfish can live in 5 gallons of water with zero water changes for a long period of time without some of them dying.

Either way, it's sweet if she's trying to find common ground, and if not... those fish are insanely tough and it's a good thing you can help her out!

I am not sure.  I do feel like the bacteria have probably established the filter and the walls of the aquarium.  I suppose the water tests will tell more!

:yikes   :yikes :yikes

But does she have a FitBit?   :tomuch:

Hahaha um.... not yet!

Happy one week anniversary, honey,  Here's your gift...a 125 gallon aquarium :rofl

Funny you mention that... I just listed my 125 on craigslist.  maybe after she comes over and sees it she will want it and I can sell it to her for a good deal!

You don't HAVE to be nicer to her and frankly I've never seen anything so bad so if anybody deserves a slating, its her. I hope she accepts advice and learns how to treat fish.

If that's how it works, I'll date DP for a week to get a 125 gallon tank...just don't tell my wife :rofl3

:tomuch:  :ehh:whistle  :rofl2

This feed had me lol, feel bad for the fish, but happy she found someone who can help her help them :)

I think a middle of the night covert operation to "rescue" all the fish and take them to your pond is the only possible option here! ????

:o who is that?!!!! ^^^^^. :o