jenzaar

Brainstorming anubias things, opinions please

I love this idea almost as much as I love my marimo floor! :heart

Looks amazing! I want to do that now lol

oohhhh do both!!!! :lol2

Looks amazing! I want to do that now lol

Go for it! :nana

Can I ask how big suction cups you used?

I tried two different kinds - the ones that came with a heater, about an inch wide, and tiny ones that I think are about 1/2".

I've had better luck with the small ones, but it could just be because they're new (but i think because they are more flexible).

You have a marimo carpet? Photos please!  I love seeing marimo pulled out of its ball form and laid out to make a fuzzy green landscape ^^

Edited by AquaAurora

You have a marimo carpet? Photos please!  I love seeing marimo pulled out of its ball form and laid out to make a fuzzy green landscape ^^

No, just lots & lots of marimo balls and a couple marimo covered driftwood. A couple of the bigger balls have opened up and I want to cover a couple rocks with it, but haven't found the right ones yet.

I want to see the marimo floor...please 

I love your tank...and fish :wub:

How many liters is it?

Can I ask how big suction cups you used?

I tried two different kinds - the ones that came with a heater, about an inch wide, and tiny ones that I think are about 1/2".

I've had better luck with the small ones, but it could just be because they're new (but i think because they are more flexible).

Here is what I made of this idea:

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/124676-video-of-my-floating-gardens-tank/

I love your tank...and fish :wub:

How many liters is it?

Aww thank you!! :D

It is 473 liters?

125 gallons.

My anubias cluster vine thingy needed some rehab... plants were popping off the suction cups, cups not sticking to glass, just mehhh.

I had tried using old heater clips per Rob's suggestion. They worked but i put the plants on them too lazily, and they'd get loose too quickly. And then I'd still be lazy and let them float around til the next water change. :rofl

ANYWAY i found these at the grocery store yesterday and thought they'd be perfect!! They are for hanging Christmas lights, but were totally invented by and for fish people.

Small enough that you can use the stems, big enough that the rhizome can fit too (if your plants are not ginormous). Win!

2623a74d3d01cc1bcc38b71a51f72b7e.jpg

feafe247401e75423b8a3a1b14de3e99.jpg

That looks great!

If you've got a problem, Jenna's got the solution. :rofl

That looks great!

Thanks Mandy!

If you've got a problem, Jenna's got the solution. :rofl

and if you don't have a problem, she can probably nitpick until she finds one! :rofl

and yes the exposed clips are going to drive me nuts, so I need to arrange the plants in a way that the leaves will cover them :doh11:

Paint the clips?

Black would probably just blend in.

That tank looks good!

Love, love, love the anubias on the wall!

Paint the clips?

Black would probably just blend in.

That tank looks good!

Love, love, love the anubias on the wall!

Thank you!! :nana

I don't know if painting them would be worth the trouble. I haven't seen too many success stories like that, where it didn't eventually slough off. Gives me a reason to buy more plants anyway :lol2

I was just thinking about doing this same thing with some java fern and annubias. I had been rolling it around in my head for the last couple of weeks and then low and behold there is a thread with wonderful photos. It looks amazing Jenna! I really like the way you have positoined the smaller plants to look like a winding vine. Well done :thumb:

This is such a great idea! Hope you don't mind if I copy  :whistle

Now i'm even more excited to get my tank moved so that I can start doing stuff to it.

I was just thinking about doing this same thing with some java fern and annubias. I had been rolling it around in my head for the last couple of weeks and then low and behold there is a thread with wonderful photos. It looks amazing Jenna! I really like the way you have positoined the smaller plants to look like a winding vine. Well done :thumb:

Wowzers! Thanks for the lovely compliments!

It came because I wanted the plants, but not the space on the ground taken. And I'm happy you said it looks like a vine, because that's what I was going for :teehee

:clapping:

:nana

This is such a great idea! Hope you don't mind if I copy :whistle

Now i'm even more excited to get my tank moved so that I can start doing stuff to it.

Thanks!

And i don't mind at all, this wasn't my idea to begin with. :rofl Jared got me started on this idea. :D

Have fun!

Hey you know you can get those suction cups with holes though the...knob :peeka. Well you could thread fishing line/cotton through that to anchor the anubias :Jig:

Edited by Speckles

Hey you know you can get those suction cups with holes though the...knob :peeka. Well you could thread fishing line/cotton through that to anchor the anubias :Jig:

I think i know what you mean :teehee
But the goal was do as little work as possible and not have to tie anything down :rofl I'm over superglue, and I know myself well enough to leave fishing tie alone :ignore:rofl