Test Results for the Following:

* Ammonia Level(Tank) 0 ppm

* Nitrite Level(Tank) .25 ppm

* Nitrate level(Tank) 5 ppm

* Ammonia Level(Tap) .5 ppm

* Nitrite Level(Tap) 0 ppm

* Nitrate level(Tap) 0 ppm

* Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 8.8

* Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)

Other Required Info: 8.8 KH 1-2 drops, GH 2 drops

* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API drops

* Water temperature? 77F

* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 20 gallons, maybe 4 months or so?

* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Aqueon 30

* How often do you change the water and how much? Twice a week, 50% each or once 90%

* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Saturday 90%

* How many fish in the tank and their size? 1 Fantail, approximately 5"

* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Prime, Baking soda

* What do you feed your fish and how often? Repashy, 2x daily, very small amounts still

* Any new fish added to the tank? No

* Any medications added to the tank? No

* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. Two week Prazi and salt upon arrival.

* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Odd protruding flesh from vent

* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Floaty after eating sometimes.

Nericon has had issues ever since I accidentally fed her rocks. She was perfectly fine before this happened. Now if she gets fed even a medium amount of food, she immediately begins to gulp at the top and gets floaty. It doesn't matter what I feed her. Once the food passes, she's back to normal. I figure her swim bladders are likely permanently messed up now so I try to feed very small amounts and just deal with it. But she doesn't poop quite as much as she should and her vent is looking worse and worse. Is there anything I can do? A piece of actual flesh is protruding from it and it's worsening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P61lvhi3hM

Oh Hun you're really having an intense intro to goldfish keeping! I hope everything comes good with nericon, she's so pretty!

Thanks a lot. Yeah I think most of us rookies end up with issues. With my Boo Boo head and this silly girl, I've got my hands full. But I think I've been fairly lucky so far. No losses yet and no dropsy yet either. I keep seeing it and its SO SCARY! As I only got my first two last October from Walmart, I'm not quick to complain!

I'm very glad I have people to help, though! Boo Boo wouldn't have stood a chance otherwise. I think this silly girl will be fine as long as I keep feedings small and light on protein. Just figured to see what else can be done about this wee problem.

Hey Myra! I will check out the video tomorrow morning as I'm in bed and cannot play it without disturbing my husband. I'm sorry she is under the weather and having issues with rock eating, but it's likely not emergent and something we will probably just have to watch. Most vent issues that aren't parasite related are not something that can be treated so much as observed and prevented from reoccurring.

Sure thing Taryl. When I went to clear out the fake plants and stuff from her tank since they probably aren't helping anything, I did a thorough check of her and discovered something MUCH, MUCH more worrisome. Please assist whenever you have the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dlxKCppK_E

This doesn't look good at all, I've never felt such a hollow belly area. I'm quite glad I noticed it as I'm nearly certain it is of concern.

I couldn't exactly see the flesh sticking out . . . :idont  Is this something new you noticed after she passed the rocks?  Is she a confirmed female and it's an outie vent?  :idont

Have you seen her poop recently?  If so, what does it look like?  Food colored?  White and stringy?

Have you tried feeding her red leaf lettuce?  It's my fave thing to get things moving . . . When I've had floaty fish in the past, I fed RLL quite regularly and it really helped them float less.  What type of Repashy do you feed?

She has an outtie but this is new. Happened after the rocks and got better but then worse. Poop is food colored but she gulps air after eating and the poop usually has air bubbles. Does the extremely pushy tummy concern you?

She has an outtie but this is new. Happened after the rocks and got better but then worse. Poop is food colored but she gulps air after eating and the poop usually has air bubbles. Does the extremely pushy tummy concern you?

Have you treated for flukes hun?

She had two rounds of Prazi when I got her and then one more round after she went with the others. I guess I could treat again if you believe its necessary.

Other than being floaty after eating, is she acting normally?  Active?  Happy to eat? Etc . . . .

Other than being floaty after eating, is she acting normally?  Active?  Happy to eat? Etc . . . .

Yes, she's my normal happy fantail otherwise. And I tested something. She ate and I physically kept her from gulping the air after she ate, and no floatiness! She GULPS AIR after she eats which seems to cause the floatiness. Why is she doing that?

Hope Nericon feels better.

She looks pretty good other than an enflamed base of tail and some poor color. With the air gulping and such I'd wonder about parasites?

One of my fish gulps after every meal . . . could be a bad habit Nericon decided to adapt.  :idont   

I think some bellies feel squishier than others and with the otherwise good appetite I'm not sure I'd worry about that.  Also it seems to spring back pretty quickly, no?  

She looks pretty good other than an enflamed base of tail and some poor color. With the air gulping and such I'd wonder about parasites?

Her tail has always looked that way I think? Also I rarely turn her light on these days, so I have noticed that her color isn't as good as it used to be. I thought that was the reason why, but maybe it isn't? Weird that she would still have parasites. She's had quite a bit of Prazi, what do you suggest I do?

Fantailfan1, it does seem to spring back fairly quickly and she is a female fish so perhaps it's normal.

She seems normal aside from floating after gulping air after eating, and the more protruding vent. Here's a video shot just now... Normal enough, I'd think but I'll let the experienced people make the decision. I can also get a video of the eating/gulping/floating if need be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyUvpNq2QXQ

Based on that video, I wouldn't be overly concerned at all!  She looks great.  :D

Which Repashy do you feed?  I've found it makes a difference with floaters . . . .

I agree, she looks fine in the video, I think the handling and low light was making things look funky. I wouldn't worry too much, just try to make sure she isn't eating at the surface if you can help it (soaking food or soft foods so they sink) and the rest sounds like it has already been rectified, re: the rocks.

Soilent Green. But she does the air gulping regardless of what or how much I feed. :(

Would you be concerned based on this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSh-MR1L_fM

SO FRUSTRATING! Give her an hour and she will be bobbing at the surface unable to truly swim at all... Same ol, same ol.

I've been reading and looking at Nericon and just doing a lot of TRYING and I think it's possible based on how she's acting that she may have a Praziquantel resistant INTERNAL parasite issue. She never yawns, spits out food, or shows any signs of gill irritation and she's had multiple rounds of Prazi. She also doesn't "dart" swim or "flash". She has what seems to be an irritated vent, gulps air after eating, and doesn't poop as often as she should. Her poop is also food colored, but usually has air bubbles and doesn't seem quite as "solid" as normal poop. Is there a chance that she has an internal parasite that maybe Prazi can't knock out? I was going to try Paraguard but wanted advice before I did so. I also thought to mention this after reading around. Nericon was bought from a Japanese lady and many of her fish were imported from there. I read that stuff that affect fish over there can be different from stuff that affect fish in America.

Look at Deworm 1 here.   Since you said she had been eating gravel before the problem, a mechanical injury seems more likely, but a worming shouldn't hurt her.

Thanks. $13. Kinda ouchy...

Well I doubt it'll help, but I'll try it and we shall see. She ate this morning and is currently gulping air... So yeah.

You could try this... Lower the water for a little bit and add in some duck weed at the top. This will confuse her a little with the duck weed :)