Pain meds?

I am pretty sure Karma has cancer.  You can see the growth on her fin in this picture.  IMG_0853_zpsuk8vaxwi.jpg  It has been there a while now but now she is eating less and bottom setting more.  

So wondering if there is something I can do for the pain I believe she is in now?  Or maybe it is time to let her go to the big pond in the sky?

Poor girl. I see it. Is there any way to remove it? I don't think the growth alone would cause bottom sitting or be painful. But if its cancer, of course it will affect her entire body and thus make her sick.

Removing an entire pectoral fin seems like it could cripple a fish. If it were my fish, I'd attempt it before I let the fish go. Maybe the tumor is merely weighing the fin down and making it hard to swim and making her uncomfortable. If the fin grew back tumor free, that might solve the problem? If she's old, maybe its just age catching her. I've noticed that once tumors start to get large, the fish seem very bothered by them. I've never heard of pain medication for fish unfortunately.