I just had to...

Went to Petco to get a spare 10 gallon for hospital reasons as my other tan gallon is set up for a Betta, and saw a cute TINY white fish who was BEGGING for a home amongst many much larger fish that were all orange.

The fishy looked nice and healthy. No clamping or weird swimming, no scale issues, and nice and active and saying HI!! ... So the next thing I knew...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwggTBhL7-E

Tiniest fish EVER!!! Weighs literally nothing. I've named him/her Raiden. It will be in QT for at least a month, and probably two or three before I even attempt to let any of the bigger fish near it. So LITTLE!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE and hoping it stays nice and healthy. I realize it'll probably always be a dinky fish, but that's fine. Big gray Boo Boo type fish are trouble anyway! Lol (kidding)

This fish is so teensy, even a 10 gallon tank looks like a huge kingdom for it. Its so funny to look at. When you see goldfish this tiny, I can see how some people think its fine to keep him in a bowl. Teensy little thing!

Edited by mjfromga

• Helper

Tiny is a white fantail too..well she was sold as an oranda but hasnt had any wengrowth and has barely grown at all in the almost 2 years I've had her. here's a pic of her. she normally lives out in the pond but she has had some fin issues lately so she is inside for now

KLz2Uzf.jpg

Oh cute. She does look a lot like my Raiden. Bigger and does have a different looking head, but same color! Rhonda was sold as a "small fantail" when clearly she is a Ryukin. Pet stores always mislabel the fish. I saw Angelfish labeled as Discus. Rich!

• Admin

I see you got bitten by the goldfish bug :teehee

I did! Sadly can't keep anymore though. Headed off for annoying bucket changes for Nericon!

Thats what you say now rofl

Need pond.

Working on!

So cute!

Thanks!

I see you got bitten by the goldfish bug :teehee

I did! Sadly can't keep anymore though. Headed off for annoying bucket changes for Nericon!

Thats what you say now rofl

Well - not until I get another big tank or a pond. Won't overstock ant further. But true - its all for now!

• Helper

Need pond.

Naughty enabler :rofl2

Which reminds me. How are your babies doing, Taryl?

My human babies are doing okay, the house hasn't burned down yet ;)

Oh you mean the aquatic babies?! The moors from Gary are excellent, they're definitely gotten slightly bigger. The ranchus are both little porkers and growing well too. I moved them in with my main tank and am leaving the moors in the qt a little longer because it is easier to ensure they're getting enough food. I've been meaning to post an updated video of them recently but the past month has been a nightmare of busy.

If I had seen him first I would of brought him home.

He's the cutest thing EVER. I think he will always be teensy because he was BY FAR the smallest fish in the tank. He weighs nothing. So funny!

Raiden had a nick missing from her dorsal when I got her which I figured was just a congenital flaw, but it has since healed up 100% so it was probably nipped off by a larger fish. No wonder she was begging for me to take her. She's into her second round of Prazi. She's had no reactions to it at all. Very vibrant and healthy little thing. Eats really well too!

Very hard to get Repashy small enough for her but I do it and she scarfs it down! I tried to give her one Omega One goldfish small pellet, and she chewed it for 1000 hours so it was too big. She ate it, though. Didn't spit it out. No pellets yet. She's basically the size of fry.

Her water parameters have been perfect. She's so tiny that she can't even really foul a ten gallon worth anything yet. She looks a tiny bit bigger to me... but probably just my imagination. Hoping she has a recognizable shape in 2-3 months. I think she's younger than normal fish you see in stores. Sooooo dinky!

P.S.

I don't know that she is female, same as all my other fish when I got them, but they all ended up being female so I figure this one probably will too! I seem to have a knack for female fish.

GEDC8077_zps711rqlxk.jpg

GEDC8087_zpsjy4yogzs.jpg

I can swear I see some length and a TINY bit of girth on little Raiden already. She's very friendly and seems to recognize the great food giver already. Very healthy little thing so far. Soooo cute!