Can anyone tell me what fish is this?

elic173

Thanks Helen. The fish is about 3 years old. I also thought initially it was a black more but the local aquarium says it's not. Any other ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Supporter

it could be a poorly bred line of moor. if it's got protruding eyes (even if underdeveloped), matt black coat with a velvety texture, i still think it's a moor. if it hasn't any of these features, then you need to provide better photos for a more accurate opinion :)

• Helper

Is that even a goldfish!? It looks more like the line of a molly or platy to me. The eyes are goldfish but the body line is strange. Could the fine just be clamped and making it look a little odd?

That looks like a single tail.  I'm going with a cross between a common and some kind of fancy goldfish (shorter rounder body) :).   The dark color just looks like fry color to me that has yet to change.

• Admin

Is that even a goldfish!? It looks more like the line of a molly or platy to me. The eyes are goldfish but the body line is strange. Could the fine just be clamped and making it look a little odd?

lol

I was thinking Molly to :o

but the mouth is aimed wrong so I think its a baby goldfish of some sort :)

To me it looks like that fish is pretty big...like 5 to 6" total length.  It's funny that others see it as smaller (molly size)...it must be because I have a pond :).  He said it was 3 years old, but I have a 6 year old black comet that looks like it might finally change color this year...so it could still be fry color on this one too.

lol

I was thinking Molly to :o

but the mouth is aimed wrong so I think its a baby goldfish of some sort :)

maybe a barb? That's what I first thought but I don't know :o