new crystal red shrimp

lizam

Since I really canNOT get anymore goldfish, I thought it would be fun to get into something small.  Shrimp care is a lot different than goldfish.  What no 85% wc???   :flex: It's funny how something so small can still be so expensive  :whistle

Anyway here is my first crystal red pure line shrimp tank.  They spent 2 days in shipping and made it no problem.  They are from an awesome breeder in Calgary.  I really enjoyed trying some plants again and I am enjoying learning more about this hobby I am so obsessed about :)

Sorry if the pics are big. :)

post-24797-0-92394800-1458268595_thumb.j

post-24797-0-01325000-1458268613_thumb.j

post-24797-0-02306400-1458268627_thumb.j

Edited by lizam

They are so cool! I love your set up :wub:

What do you feed these guys?

Thanks :)  I have about 3 different shrimp foods I'm going to try and they eat bio film in tank and enjoy different leafs like Indian almond leafs etc.

Hi Liz... :hi

Shrimpeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!!!!!!

Your tank looks AMAZING!!! and your babies look so happy  :happydance  and cutes :9  I have 5 tanks being set up to try some CSR and some Cherrys... so far I have culls from another lovely lady to see if I can handle them before going and spending lots of moola.  Your guys look so good though :-)  

I put some capsicum or red pepper (sweet not chilli) in my tank tonight and they went NUTS over it.  Can you tell me what foods yours like?  I have food from a guy in Australia who makes awesome shrimp food called Shrimp Crack and the Cherry shrimp love it, but I am yet to find a food the CRS love.  Any hints would be soooooo much appreciated!!!  Thankyou so much for sharing :wub:

Your tank looks AMAZING!!! and your babies look so happy  :happydance  and cutes :9  I have 5 tanks being set up to try some CSR and some Cherrys... so far I have culls from another lovely lady to see if I can handle them before going and spending lots of moola.  Your guys look so good though :-)  

I put some capsicum or red pepper (sweet not chilli) in my tank tonight and they went NUTS over it.  Can you tell me what foods yours like?  I have food from a guy in Australia who makes awesome shrimp food called Shrimp Crack and the Cherry shrimp love it, but I am yet to find a food the CRS love.  Any hints would be soooooo much appreciated!!!  Thankyou so much for sharing :wub:

Ree Thanks :)  I just got them so I'm not completely sure about food but from the other forum I joined a real popular one right now is Cologne Shrimp Food, Bacter AE (I'm going to try Shrimp Kings version) and leaf litter is good like this

http://www.hanaquatics.com/woods-leaves-natural-products/

Mosura seems to be a good one too :)  I love the name Shrimp Crack by the way! lol

Ree Thanks :)  I just got them so I'm not completely sure about food but from the other forum I joined a real popular one right now is Cologne Shrimp Food, Bacter AE (I'm going to try Shrimp Kings version) and leaf litter is good like this

Mosura seems to be a good one too :)  I love the name Shrimp Crack by the way! lol

The name cracks me up too... when I first bought it and it arrived in the mail hubby opened the parcel and said... WHAAAT??? so I had to esplians meself  :teehee .  I have just put some alder cones in to see how they go.  I have also tried the Indian almond leaves and they were not too fussed on them but the snails love them... they seem to do better with them in the water though.  I also have some oak leaves in there as they are prettier than the Indian almond leaves.  I cut the Indian almond leaves into hearts so they looked prettier in the tank ROFL.  Your little tank looks so lovely!!! I cant wait to see how you go and how the tank develops!!!

The name cracks me up too... when I first bought it and it arrived in the mail hubby opened the parcel and said... WHAAAT??? so I had to esplians meself  :teehee .  I have just put some alder cones in to see how they go.  I have also tried the Indian almond leaves and they were not too fussed on them but the snails love them... they seem to do better with them in the water though.  I also have some oak leaves in there as they are prettier than the Indian almond leaves.  I cut the Indian almond leaves into hearts so they looked prettier in the tank ROFL.  Your little tank looks so lovely!!! I cant wait to see how you go and how the tank develops!!!

I love the heart idea :)  !!  too funny.  Do we get to see your set up?  I'm setting up another one for Orange Eye Blue Tigers right now.  So addicted! :teehee

I love the heart idea :)  !!  too funny.  Do we get to see your set up?  I'm setting up another one for Orange Eye Blue Tigers right now.  So addicted! :teehee

I added it so you can see.... http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/123903-rees-shrimpeeeeez-pic-heavy/#entry1966331

OOOO BLUE TIGERS... I am soooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous LOL I want a tank of blue shrimpees but am thinking of going Blue Dreams... not sure yet... pls show me your new tank when you are ready... I wants to sees pleeeeeeeeeeease???  I am not addicted... :doh11:  I am not addicted... ok :I-Thank-You:   I am addicted too :happydance