Sign in to follow this  
Sumcrj

Urgent please help I think my fish are dying

On a positive note they made it through the night! Gosh I wish I had went with my instinct at first and got them out sooner Mia maby wouldn't have went belly up I feel so bad

No - it's okay. You didn't know, and neither did I! I've never used that type of silicone before, but if it was what I was used to - I'd probably have used it without thinking about it. Glad they made it through the night. I'd probably do another water change as the toxins that made them sick might be coming off of them into the water. I'm not an expert, but I don't think treating them will help much. This just has to come out of their systems naturally. I could be wrong though, so maybe a helper moderator will come along soon. Salt may help them detoxify, but again DON'T do this until a moderator says it's okay.

Mia is not doing good at all I think she will not make it her belly is very tight and she is not trying to swim at all! They have been out of the tank for 12 hours now and I'm sure it will take some time to heal but I'm preparing myself for the worst here are some videos anyone know if I should add salt or anything that could help! Her belly is supper tight!!!

Omg I can't even watch the video she is doing so bad you all! Help if you can plz!!!!!

Hard to see the video for me .. . it's too dark.

Is she a confirmed female?  What color is the poop she's pooping?

What is the next step after this? Just time? Or should I do more I do not know? I did not want to turn on there light but I can if you need me to! Her poop was weard this morning I didn't expect her to poop cause she didn't eat yesterday it was long and stringy it had a little with some color in I believe it was green but the rest was just like a string and yesterday her poop was big green poop

Edited by Sumcrj

No she is not a confirmed femail but my male he has breeding stars chases her and her vent is totally different than his he has chased her to the point of me having the separate them! The guy I got ger from said he thought she was a she as well!

First video is too dark, I can barely see. The second video I see that the fish looks mildly floaty. Duckweed is recommended for floaty fish - and very clean water. Again - I'd change the water again. The stringy poop is to be expected after such a stressful situation. All you can really do at this point is wait.

I would like you to try something that Sharon does for Flipped over fish.... I think it could help her.... :)

Get a 10 gallon QT tub..... fill it have way and if you can use a sponge filter for her.... Then I would like you to find some Duck weed. We normally do this for just SBD but Im think at this point it might help her to have low water and Duck weed....

That's what I think to it is just time! I can't get any duck weed at this time I could order some on eBay but that will take a few days! Should I try to feed some peas? Do u think it will be ok for me to turn on the light and get another video of the first fish she is the one I'm super worried about she is belly up and I think on deaths doorstep! I just tested there water and there really good 0 ammo 0 nitrite and maby a .2ish nitrate the ph is around 8.2 I have a blanket covering the tank so they feel less stress not sure if I should keep it on there or not

Edited by Sumcrj

Peas can't hurt :) Deshell them first, lest you make things worse.

That's what I think to it is just time! I can't get any duck weed at this time I could order some on eBay but that will take a few days! Should I try to feed some peas? Do u think it will be ok for me to turn on the light and get another video of the first fish she is the one I'm super worried about she is belly up and I think on deaths doorstep! I just tested there water and there really good 0 ammo 0 nitrite and maby a .2ish nitrate the ph is around 8.2 I have a blanket covering the tank so they feel less stress not sure if I should keep it on there or not

If sharon has some Ideas .....maybe...

I would still like you to get her into a shallow tank so she doesnt have to stuggle... I would order some duck weed... Goldfish can be tough some times.... have a filter and a heater for her if your water in the tanks are cold... :)

You could try to feed her peas, but duck weed isnt like peas its got something that the goldfish need to help with the SB... :)

K thank u! So the fish that is belly up do you think she is just feasting after all this stress she has never went belly up but I know that goldfish will sometimes do that I am super worried about her! I'm getting some water ready for a water change there ph is a tad higher than I would like but I don't think I wanna mess with it cause they have been through so much lately

K thank u! So the fish that is belly up do you think she is just feasting after all this stress she has never went belly up but I know that goldfish will sometimes do that I am super worried about her! I'm getting some water ready for a water change there ph is a tad higher than I would like but I don't think I wanna mess with it cause they have been through so much lately

Im worried that she absorbed some of that silicone... she might have an infection inside now.... So the first thing I would like to see is just some fresh clean water, but not deep... This way we can keep her tank very clean. I would like you to change her water if you can every day.... kinda a bucket to bucket method. This will help her get rid of those toxins inside... If we can keep her going and get Duck weed it will help get rid of the toxins more.... I think she is just more sensitive than the others.. :(

Another idea is Koi clay.... If you can find that place some of that in the tank with her... another natural way to rid of bad stuff in a goldfish... :)

I just tried to flip her again and she seem kind of stif she was interested in the food it got her excited a little but she just couldn't eat! When I walk over to her side of the tank I can smell it it just smells bad Yoshie he seems not to feel to great but he went after that pea so I think he will be ok but I know he could take a turn for the worst after all he was poisoned! Gosh I feel super horrible!:( so should I put her is a seperate tub?

Edited by Sumcrj

What does it smell like?  What size is the tank?  Do you have activated carbon?  

Change the water in the tank.  

What does it smell like?  What size is the tank?  Do you have activated carbon?  

Change the water in the tank.  

Thank you Sharon forgot about Carbon... just cause I dont use it :o

Also should I put a filter in the smaller bin? What size bin I have a 5 gallon I can put her in but my tap ph is so low it is hard to do lots of water changes! Should I just try to do small waterchanges or what do you recommend I use baking soda to buffer my tap and it seems to work fine! The only problem it gives me is when I put it in it will only buffer my water to 7.2 ish but after I put it in the tank it goes up to about 8.2 even if I let it sit for 2 days it still does that

Also should I put a filter in the smaller bin? What size bin I have a 5 gallon I can put her in but my tap ph is so low it is hard to do lots of water changes! Should I just try to do small waterchanges or what do you recommend I use baking soda to buffer my tap and it seems to work fine! The only problem it gives me is when I put it in it will only buffer my water to 7.2 ish but after I put it in the tank it goes up to about 8.2 even if I let it sit for 2 days it still does that

OK so our Ph goes up by its self? but is low to start with...

What does the tank smell like? like rotting fish, or earth like smell?? or bad water over all?

Do you have carbon in the filters? If not lets get that in ASAP.... In the main tank for now when you can do another water change please.

I put some fresh carbon in the tank yesterday! It smells bad I hate to say rotting fish but that's it it does it smells like rotting fish:(. 40 gallon

Edited by Sumcrj

I put some fresh carbon in the tank yesterday! It smells bad I hate to say rotting fish but that's it it does it smells like rotting fish:(

Ok hun...

For now Lets try and change out as much water as you think would be safe with your PH..... I would if you can get some Jugs (5 gallons or so) fill them with water let them sit for the next water change... This way the water can adjust by its self for now before the water change.

I would like you to change the carbon out again today.... I want to try to get the tank and fish in cleanest water we can but with out the Ph shock to them.....

Oh going to move this to the D&D area since the fish are sick now :) and to help other see.. :)

Ok thank you! I found a guy that does ponds that will give me some koi clay how much should I use?

Please tell us the size of the tank.   Then please do a 50% water change and add a teaspoon of koi clay.  After two hours do another 50% water change and add more clay.  I'd tell you how much to add if I knew the size of the tank.  With every water change, you reduce the difference in pH.  It is already of little significance, but I want you to get it low enough to be willing to do 100% water changes.    

Ok thank you! I found a guy that does ponds that will give me some koi clay how much should I use?

Please tell us the size of the tank.   Then please do a 50% water change and add a teaspoon of koi clay.  After two hours do another 50% water change and add more clay.  I'd tell you how much to add if I knew the size of the tank.  With every water change, you reduce the difference in pH.  It is already of little significance, but I want you to get it low enough to be willing to do 100% water changes.    

40 gallon

:thumbup2: