Urgent please help I think my fish are dying

Sumcrj

Ok guys I'm freakin out!!!! I got a new 75 gallon tank and I set it up and wouldn't you know it had a leak do I re sealed it and I literally waited a week and a half for it to cure and I put my Goldie's in it yesterday and I get up this morning to check on my fish and they will not eat and it's like they are sedated:( I checked the water parameters and they are fine nothing at all ph is .2 different than what they are use to but I acclimated them and that's not bad is it? I am super worried plz help!!! Do I need to get them out of the tank? I did a 50% water change at 12ish and no improvement

Edited by Sumcrj

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Kokos.  I'm sorry it's under such unhappy circumstances.  Please copy this form, paste it into your post, and answer the questions as completely as you can.  I know it's long and detailed, but we need all the information to figure out how to handle this problem.

Please copy & paste fill the following form and fill it out to the best of your ability when requesting help for Goldfish Problems:

• Test Results for the Following:
    • * Ammonia Level(Tank)
    • * Nitrite Level(Tank)
    • * Nitrate level(Tank)
    • * Ammonia Level(Tap)
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap)
    • * Nitrate level(Tap)
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?
      • * Water temperature?
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)?
      • * How often do you change the water and how much?
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change?
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size?
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners?
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often?
  • * Any new fish added to the tank?
  • * Any medications added to the tank?
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?

Was the tank "new to  you" or did you buy it new?  What did you use to reseal it?

I couldn't figure out how to edit it again!

Test Results for the Following:

* Ammonia Level. 0.0 ppm

* Nitrite Level. 0.0 ppm

* Nitrate level. 0.5ppm

* Ammonia Level. 0.0 ppm

* Nitrite Level. 0.0ppm

* Nitrate level(Tap) 0.5 ppm

* Ph Level, Tank 8.0/8.2

* Ph Level, Tap. Less than 6.0ppm

Other Required Info:

* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? Api

* Water temperature? 69 degrees f

* Tank size 75 gallons and how long has it been running just changed them from a 40 to this 74 yesterday used all the old filter plus a new one

* What is the name and "size of the filter". Aquaclear 110 marineland 350

* How often do you change the water and how much. 1 to 2 times a week

* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change today 50%

* How many fish in the tank and their size2 about 5 to 6 inches

* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Baking soda and prime

* What do you feed your fish and how often? Repashy, brine shrimp, de shales peas, spinach 2x daily

* Any new fish added to the tank? No

* Any medications added to the tank? No

* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. I've never done any praziquantel. I I have added salt but not to recent

* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? There are blood vessles in my white and orange oranda he has always had some but more than usual! Other fish is black and orange so it's hard to tell!

* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? No eating floating at the top not swimming one is flipping but she corrects herself pretty fast! But then she goes to the corner and floats there till she is belly up again

Was the tank "new to you" or did you buy it new? What did you use to reseal it? Used and I used GE silicone 1* and let it cure for a week in a half

Please help!!!! They are not acting right at all

Edited by Sumcrj

A mod should get back to you soon

If you can, it would be worth uploading the video of the fish either to YouTube or photobucket, and then you could post it here :)

I looked up GE Silicone1.  The company does not recommend it for continuous underwater use and says that it is not safe for aquariums.  I've also seen people say they have used it in aquariums without problems, but it certainly appears the most likely cause of your problems.

Can you move the fish to their old aquarium with fresh water?

I may not be a certified helper but you really need to get them out of that tank asap.

GE I and II Have been linked to numerous tank crashes and issues and it is not aquarium safe.

Heres a link to a thread from the reef forum im on.

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=88439

I know no linking to other forums but it has good info.

You can do it like when you bring a new fish home

Put them ina smaller container so youre not using as much water

Add a bit of the new water at a time

Take some old water out.

Moving to a higher ph isnt as rough as moving to a lower one.

And your difference isnt huge either so.

Edited by Calamity

I agree with the others. Get them out of the toxic water ASAP. Its already caused a ton of damage and they've not been in there long at all. You also should keep in mind that there is little chance that you can use that tank safely.

But the time I got all the toxic water out of there filters I had them completely ph acclimated!!! Thank you all so much it has been s tough day and I'm sure there will be no sleep for me tonight I hope they make it!!!!!

I agree with the others. Get them out of the toxic water ASAP. Its already caused a ton of damage and they've not been in there long at all. You also should keep in mind that there is little chance that you can use that tank safely.

I will never use it for my fish ever ever again! I'm just going to get them a brand new one never ever used I found a place near me that sells them for 135$ after I got this one of course! I just got my self a lot of stress and a 75 gall stand out of that deal! Hope I don't lose them! I know there is still a chance I just hope they will be ok! I really love them! They have been in the toxic tank for a few hours over 24 and had a 50% water change in that time frame

Edited by Sumcrj

I cant see your location from the app, but what about petco sales?

And as long as you cut out the silicone you put in properly, you can still reuse the tank. The glass doesnt suddenly become toxic. However because it previously leaked, unless you phyiscally pull all the panes apart so you have 5 loose pieces of glass, clean all those up, re-silicone them together, then do your interior silicone..... which only professionals should do, i would never trust a tank that has previously leaked. Most people only re do the interior seals and that leaves the primary seals between the glass comprimised.

Better to spend a few extra bucks then have your floors flooded. I personally will never buy used again.

I agree! I hope so! one is belly up and staying that way maby just sleeping after all this today pore thing! Just a used piece of stress and heart ach!

everyone who can please get the word out that this GE silicone 1* that is suppose to be safe is not!!!!! it will kill your fish or make them very sick!!!!!!!!! And it is not a problem of it not curing long enough I went a week over the recommended 48-72 hours I cured for a week in a half still not safe!!!!!!

Edited by Sumcrj

Ok so one seems better but the other spent all night belly up and she has never had any problems like this before I know she is not constipated cause she has been pooping a lot wilts upside down? What should I do now I guess it time to treate the Symptoms now?!