Caught my eye - cute little guy

Got my new 55 gallon so wanted to add ONE more Ryukin. Got Rhonda into the 55 gallon and Slate chunked into the 20 gallon, leaving me the 10 gallon to set up for a QT of a new fish. Got Prazi and salt and a filter and etc. ready to go. Didn't use all this the first go around, but will try a bit harder this time.

Here's the guy that I want. He reminds me of Rhonda. Cute little guy.

Screen%20Shot%202016-03-07%20at%201.22.3

Very cute. Have you taken him home yet?

He looks like he's in transition from dark to orange. He might eventually be all orange. I've had a few transition like this:

HalleyRetrospective.jpg

Thanks, everyone. I'm hoping to snag him Wednesday! He reminds me of Rhonda so much! Rhonda actually had way less black on her when I got her and the black is fading up her tail and down her dorsal etc. More black coming in on her.

GEDC6740_zpso2rrigyx.jpg

I just really want him because he reminds me of Rhonda and I think they'd look good together :)

Can you tell if the fish has all metallic scales or has matte and metallic scales?  In the latter case the matte scales look almost like colored skin and the metallic scales like sequins/

She showed me like 5 photos of the guy - she took them spur of the moment but it does look like he has a mix of matte and metallic scales from what I saw. He is a Ryukin by the way. He doesn't quite give off the sheen of a 100% metallic, but he might be. Hopefully I'll have him soon and be able to tell for sure. Hopefully you weren't asking because there is some sort of issue with that scale type. I'm not sure what is exactly normal in Ryukins as far as scale types go.

Edited by mjfromga

Ah, gotcha. Well I don't mind if he turns all orange. I didn't think that he would, though as Rhonda mimics his color pattern and she's getting MORE black and not less. In other news, I am not well versed on color changes etc so maybe even Rhonda will turn all orange.

• Admin

Yes, Rhonda is hers, and she wants the fish in post #1.

Spot on. The second pic is my Rhonda. But they DO look a lot alike.

I was going to say.. take the top one ... :o