Sign in to follow this  
koko

T-shirt Raffle Fun Thread!

I'm not partial to Ryukin :ignore  but this one is  :yikes faint.gif

DSC_4122.jpg

Arghhhh 2 more weeks until i head back to my parents and upgrade my salt tank.

And rip down my empty goldie tank.

I'm not partial to Ryukin :ignore but this one is :yikesfaint.gif

DSC_4122.jpg

Where is that one at?

I'm not partial to Ryukin :ignore but this one is :yikesfaint.gif

DSC_4122.jpg

Where is that one at?

DO 400+ :yikes

Holy  :yikes  Someone bought it! :yikes

I so should not have went on there. I soooo should not have.

Edited by Daniel E.

IMG_2388.jpg

I believe I was looking into getting one of those snakes at a pet shop but I can't deal with keeping hamsters in the same room in case it escaped :(

Oooh! Which one?! Which one?! :whisper

I feel ya... I dont look...

Dont look Ethel... but it was to late...

I feel ya... I dont look...

Dont look Ethel... but it was to late...

I'd have to name the new edition Ethel or Streaker after that!  :lol2

:clapping::nana:redbanana::rofl2

IMG_2388.jpg

I believe I was looking into getting one of those snakes at a pet shop but I can't deal with keeping hamsters in the same room in case it escaped :(
If you keep it in a proper enclosure it wont escape.

Ive kept snakes for years and never had anyone escape. That amazon tree boa was kept in a large exo terra and the clips on the screen lid were broken, she never escaped.

My rats were kept on top of my snake rack right beside the amazons exo for the longest time. No issue.

But if you have poor enclosures for any of your animals then there will be issues. Just dont get poor quality stuff ;)

I AM partial to Ryukins... Soooo.... WHAT A BEAUTY!! (wouldn't pay $400 bucks for him, though!)

I AM partial to Ryukins... Soooo.... WHAT A BEAUTY!! (wouldn't pay $400 bucks for him, though!)

Highest amount I have paid for a fish was $100 and he died about 6 month later... :(

Highest amount I have paid for a fish was $100 and he died about 6 month later... :(

Oh, no. Gosh I'd be so upset :( I'm hoping to get a big enough tank soon enough and then for my birthday buy a nice Ryukin (I love my dinky Ryukin and my lumpy headed Ryukin - but sure would like a big pretty one). Do you know what happened to him? I see you mostly like Ranchu - was he a Ranchu?

Most I spent on a fish was £20 on a surgeon and now we have a 12 foot pond for him :rofl

Oh, no. Gosh I'd be so upset :( I'm hoping to get a big enough tank soon enough and then for my birthday buy a nice Ryukin (I love my dinky Ryukin and my lumpy headed Ryukin - but sure would like a big pretty one). Do you know what happened to him? I see you mostly like Ranchu - was he a Ranchu?

He got a very bad Flip over... at that time I didnt know about duck week or shallow tanks... So he passed away.... He was an Oranda :(

DSC00016.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

Swim bladder disorder, severe floaty issues. Orandas and Ryukins seem so prone to that. He was very pretty. :(

Swim bladder disorder, severe floaty issues. Orandas and Ryukins seem so prone to that. He was very pretty. :(

I have had Oranda's, Telescopes and a Ranchu go upside down... I think alot of it is water and food... :(

I know too much dry food and high nitrates can cause floating issues. Rhonda also seems to float a little with wheaty foods. I also heard it can be genetic.

I know too much dry food and high nitrates can cause floating issues. Rhonda also seems to float a little with wheaty foods. I also heard it can be genetic.

Yeah I used to make my own Gel food to help with that.... That does seem to help alot.. When I do get goldfish again. Im going to keep Duckweed in there. It seems to be the food for the floats :)

Sometimes it is genetic, but most of the time its food and the water...

Yeah I used to make my own Gel food to help with that.... That does seem to help alot.. When I do get goldfish again. Im going to keep Duckweed in there. It seems to be the food for the floats :)

So did all your floaters display the issues very quickly after you got them? Or can it just start to suddenly happen after a time? Rhonda isn't a serious floater, but does float a tad with wheaty or non soaked pellets but Slate has never floated at all regardless. My #1 concern with the Ryukins is floating issues. Nobody here seems to prefer Ryukins so I can't tell how serious the issue truly is in Ryukins but from what I read - it can get pretty bad as Ryukins have more compact bodies than other fancy varieties.

So did all your floaters display the issues very quickly after you got them? Or can it just start to suddenly happen after a time? Rhonda isn't a serious floater, but does float a tad with wheaty or non soaked pellets but Slate has never floated at all regardless. My #1 concern with the Ryukins is floating issues. Nobody here seems to prefer Ryukins so I can't tell how serious the issue truly is in Ryukins but from what I read - it can get pretty bad as Ryukins have more compact bodies than other fancy varieties.

Oh Well we got some Ryukin lovers here... Helen is one. and a few more I cant remember... :(

Mine that did do that would do it after about a month on the food Progold... When it did I would switch to Gel food. It did seem to help some... Also making sure my nitrates where down to 10 ppm seems to help too...But duckweed seems to be the food of choice for them...Try Gel food if that doesnt work see if you can find some Duck weed :)

Thanks. I did have gel food but they ate it all and I haven't gathered the stuff I need to make more so they've mostly been on pellets. I wanted to try the Repashy but it's just pricey and I haven't been able to get myself to spend $30 on it quite yet. Maybe soon. They like cucumber as well as peas, but again don't keep that around often so they get it every now and then. Can't seem to get them to eat spinach :/ Slate seems to love Wisteria and Java moss but those are supposed to stay in the tank - not go into her tum!