A lil something here, a lil something there..

EdgarTheFish

Ok ok, so Dagger (my half-giant plakat betta) is done, his tank is cycled and seems happy (tonight is testing night). I made him a new background with black foam, sheets of cork and brown think scrapbooking sheets to look like tree roots. I like the effect! 

DSCN2265_zpsditubej3.jpg

DSCN2272_zpsttrnbsfk.jpg

My serpae tank is almost done, just need to add some live plants to my suction-pots. It is home to 8 serpae and 2 tiger nerite snails. 

DSCN2241_zpsb3sy7ndu.jpg

DSCN2292_zpsqs53ovuf.jpg

My VT tank is a work in progress, it's also currently a part of an ant-trail  :I-Thank-You:  . it's been raining and they  (sugar ants) always move inside, never on this particular wall but he's probably getting extra snacks if any fall into the tank. I got him driftwood finally. 

DSCN2261_zpsn7fatiko.jpg

Wow love your betta tank and the serpae tank is just WOW I never had luck with serpaes they just ganged up and killed one of my angelfish when I had them :(

Edited by goldfishfanforever

Wow love your betta tank and the serpae tank is just WOW I never had luck with serpaes they just ganged up and killed one of my angelfish when I had them :(

They're actually notorious bullies and never mix well with angelfish unless in a HUGE tank and a school of 6 or more. I got 8 because I decided to make it a species-tank (the snails weren't even on the original plans hehe). These guys are going to be the only fish in this tank. They determine a pecking order of sorts and then can live more peacefully.  Think betta sorority minus the murderous serial killers. The snails are named Captain and Morgan. The fish are collectively named after Peter Pan characters as I still can't tell one from another except the really big (probably really old) one, I call the tank Neverland. Rufio (another character, from Hook though) is my VT, his tank has quotes from Robin Williams "Bangarang" and "To live, would be an awfully big adventure".  Pardon the mess on his tank, it's still under construction and he's recovering from a filter-fin-ripping incident. 

DSCN2242_zpsovwp1il7.jpg

DSCN2240_zpsi4rzd7uf.jpg

DSCN2255_zpsedaydgm5.jpg

• Helper

Interesting designs! I love seeing how people do their tanks and yours are a nice mix of materials. I'm a natural plant kind of girl but the texture and quality of the ones you're using looks pretty great :)

Edited by Arctic Mama