My new Betta!

Anorea

I currently have him in a 1.5G cube tank with an anubias, a small marimo, a crypt, and a strange-as-heck plant. Maybe you guys can give me opinions on his variety? On his cup it says he is a Dragonscale Betta. I don't know a whole lot about Betta. Any suggestions on names? I love him so much! ^_^

24943156441_2c4b328e56_o.jpg

24897929102_d52fb9475a_o.jpg

Pretty betta! Love the coloring! Where did you get him?

I like the name Plum or Spike :)

I think that plant is a crypt.

Aww, Plum is cute, I'll add that to my list! XD Someone suggested Lavendel, and that's kinda cute as well. 

The plant in the front is definitely a crypt, but it isn't the "mystery plant." I'll take a picture and post it later today/tonight. It's totally weird.

I got him at PetCo, the next town over. The store is closing, and the poor fishies are being treated like trash, and this guy was so pretty, and telling me "I promise I won't be angry with your shrimp, if you let us be roommates!"

I am a member of a Betta forum and they recommend at least 3 gallons of water (preferably 5) for a Betta fish. He's very pretty!

Don't worry, I plan on putting him in a 5G soon. ^_^ Thank you for posting that, though. ^_^

I'll tell him you all think he's pretty! XD

Edited by Anorea

That is a banana plant (Nymphoides Aquatica)! They are a member of the lily family. They got their name because their rhizome looks like a bunch of bananas. ;) Very easy to care for, they require low light to thrive and will grow roots from the bananas over time. Make sure to not bury the bananas all the way because the plant will suffocate and eventually die. Sticking a root tab under the plant will help with growth. They will also grow really long lilies that touch the surface of the water. One of my favorite plants, they are so cool. :)

Awesome. I just didn't know that at first, but glad you know already. Pretty plants too :)

Thanks so much! ^_^

That is a banana plant (Nymphoides Aquatica)! They are a member of the lily family. They got their name because their rhizome looks like a bunch of bananas. ;) Very easy to care for, they require low light to thrive and will grow roots from the bananas over time. Make sure to not bury the bananas all the way because the plant will suffocate and eventually die. Sticking a root tab under the plant will help with growth. They will also grow really long lilies that touch the surface of the water. One of my favorite plants, they are so cool. :)

Oh sweet! My husband said he thought it was a banana plant, and now he is all excited to be proven correct. XD Thanks a lot! From the pictures, would you say it's buried properly?

I think my betta is a butterfly delta? Still not sure on the dragonscale though. XD

Haha, I'm really slow at naming pets, because I want to get the exact right name! XD SO I haven't named him yet. Thranduil is nice, and I've been trying to think of a Sindarin name that might suit him. Tenna Telwan! 

Thanks! I still haven't quite decided, but now I'm leaning towards something more simple for him, and the only that keeps popping into my head is just "Plum." But I don't want him to think he's not special!!

Wow I think Ill add betta to my wish list...

The carpet steps look cool, are they live?

They are fake, unfortunately, but it is very simple make them live, and honestly they are probably cheaper to DIY. You could get some tubes, glue then with plant adhesive, or aquarium sealant, and then get some Marimo, flatten it out, and wrap it strategically with fishing line!