Sign in to follow this  
Mikey

Peaches Isn't Acting Right (QT)

In my opinion I think MMs are too old. Even if you felt it was stored well, the food may have gone rancid which could contribute to more bloating.

In my opinion I think MMs are too old. Even if you felt it was stored well, the food may have gone rancid which could contribute to more bloating.

I agree - fortunately I don't think it's going to cause problems in this case since Peaches appears to be improving. I highly recommend tossing them after this treatment though, okay Mikey?

I agree - fortunately I don't think it's going to cause problems in this case since Peaches appears to be improving. I highly recommend tossing them after this treatment though, okay Mikey?
shes more pine coned :/ but she's eating well. Should I continue with the metro meds and then half dose the waterborne meds?

Continue dosing at normal strength for the metromeds - do not double up.

You may consider euthanizing her if the antibiotics and Epsom salt aren't getting on top of the swelling. Finish out the current course and we can evaluate. You're dosing the kanaplex still in be water with the metromeds right?

Continue dosing at normal strength for the metromeds - do not double up.

You may consider euthanizing her if the antibiotics and Epsom salt aren't getting on top of the swelling. Finish out the current course and we can evaluate. You're dosing the kanaplex still in be water with the metromeds right?

no, I thought I was just treating with the metro meds? I didn't know I was supposed to be dosing the kana with that :cry 

I didn't want to double the metro meds I was wondering if with the metro meds if I should be half dosing the powder metro into the water.

The metromeds are getting old and don't hold up as well as dry metro powder over time but if she *was* eating you could dose that instead.

The two waterborne meds together are easier to manage for me, but what matters is hitting this infection hard and fast before she succumbs to it. So whichever metro you prefer you can dose, but if she isn't eating I'd recommend sticking with powdered.

You have to be dosing both.  That was why I recommended getting more metro powder in addition to your Kanaplex - she needs the synergism of both weds to be helpful. To clear up any confusion here are my recommendations one last time:

1. Add  back in the Kanaplex, expired or not. If you have done several days already let me know so I can adjust the schedule.

2. Dose the metromeds for her bodyweight OR the metro powder act two measures per ten gallons. We need 14 days of treatment total before we switch this up. 

3. Have your epsom at 1 tsp per 10 gallons of water.

Got it?

The metromeds are getting old and don't hold up as well as dry metro powder over time but if she *was* eating you could dose that instead.

The two waterborne meds together are easier to manage for me, but what matters is hitting this infection hard and fast before she succumbs to it. So whichever metro you prefer you can dose, but if she isn't eating I'd recommend sticking with powdered.

You have to be dosing both.  That was why I recommended getting more metro powder in addition to your Kanaplex - she needs the synergism of both weds to be helpful. To clear up any confusion here are my recommendations one last time:

1. Add  back in the Kanaplex, expired or not. If you have done several days already let me know so I can adjust the schedule.

2. Dose the metromeds for her bodyweight OR the metro powder act two measures per ten gallons. We need 14 days of treatment total before we switch this up. 

3. Have your epsom at 1 tsp per 10 gallons of water.

Got it?

I switched to metro meds because she was eating. I'll add back the kana now though. 

okay so that.s .2 grams per day? she weighs 20 grams

yes, I'll up it the extra half teaspoon :)

I think so!

She needs 8 pellets per day.

Okay thank you.

And just to clarify I am adding the kanaplex but NOT the metro powder.

Okay thank you.

And just to clarify I am adding the kanaplex but NOT the metro powder.

Yes.  If feeding metromeds we do not want to add the powder.  But we do need tho kana powder in there.

She's actually looking much better!!! :D:happydance

Great! Did you finish the course?

Great! Did you finish the course?

Aren't we going for 14 days? We are only 6 days in :) 

That's why I asked - I can't remember these things, so keep me apprised. My brain is mush from stress.

That's why I asked - I can't remember these things, so keep me apprised. My brain is mush from stress.

:saywhat:rofl2

no problem :hug:)

Glad Peaches is doing better!!!

Thanks Dawn!!! :) here are some pictures of her!!

DFC7E863-9FF3-4D75-AF3D-D910EC06905A_zps2118EFB0-39B9-46B6-A0D9-24855F5B7C17_zps

Yay glad she is looking better!

Glad she feels better, but am I just used to looking at Ryukin back humps - or is her back WAY straighter than normal fish?

Glad she feels better, but am I just used to looking at Ryukin back humps - or is her back WAY straighter than normal fish?

shes normal I think lol. It might just be the angle I took the picture at. I haven't take out my DSLR in a while. I'm going to be taking some pictures after I clean my tank and plants and maybe some reorganizing and some new plants lol

How is she doing?

She's doing well! :)

I'm glad! I was very much hoping she was. You seem to have some tough breaks with your fish. Good work!

Thank you! :) I honestly thought she was a goner :(