Peaches Isn't Acting Right (QT)

Mikey

• Helper

The bucket isn't important if you have enough meds.

No, I don't know how good the kanaplex still is, but it likely has a fair bit of strength left if properly handled and stored. Antibiotics don't go to zero efficacy overnight and I'm afraid your fish will become irreversibly sick if you don't treat promptly and aggressively. Unless you can get both new meds in the next day just dose the kanaplex, which should be at least as effective as old metromeds with less rancidity and quality issues :)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helper

Epsom is at 1.5 tsp total for the 20 gallons. Is it okay to leave it there for the two days and then drop it back down to 1/2 tsp per ten or should I drop it back down to that tomorrow?

Am I following the kanaplex instructions exactly with the 1 measure per five gallons instead of two? And then that's going to be only in the water for six days total, correct?

You can switch the Epsom in two days.

Kana is two measures per ten gallon, yes. Don't overdose that one.

Kana needs two weeks of complete treatment, and I'm going to have you do the metro for that same duration. So forget the dose you did previously and start fresh with both meds today as day 1.

14 days of kana and metro as directed,

2 days higher Epsom salt

12 days normal 1 tsp per five gallon Epsom dose

Then we re-evaluate.

Feed lightly, normal foods and not medicated food.

The bucket isn't important if you have enough meds.

No, I don't know how good the kanaplex still is, but it likely has a fair bit of strength left if properly handled and stored. Antibiotics don't go to zero efficacy overnight and I'm afraid your fish will become irreversibly sick if you don't treat promptly and aggressively. Unless you can get both new meds in the next day just dose the kanaplex, which should be at least as effective as old metromeds with less rancidity and quality issues :)

i think im going to get the bucket considering how much I need to use haha four scoops just for one dose of the kana in the 20 :yikes

Wait i just dosed the metro. Are we not using both anymore?

I can't guaranteed it was stored right haha there isn't a heater vent near it it was in the dark in the cabinet on the lower shelf.

Whoops missed that post somehow

Edited by Mikey

• Helper

14 days of kana and metro as directed,

2 days higher Epsom salt

12 days normal 1 tsp per five gallon Epsom dose

Then we re-evaluate.

Feed lightly, normal foods and not medicated food.

She ate today :) here is the pine coning. It doesn't seem too bad today. 0D6AA667-610A-4EA3-9DAA-97A4668FC9B6_zps

I'm complaining to Amazon as it was guaranteed for Tuesday and now it is not coming until Wednesday. That throws off the treatment course now :wall

Edited by Mikey

True, the pine coning isn't too bad. Barely noticeable actually. I'm SOOO hoping this one makes it! Amazon can't truly promise delivery dates, even on Prime orders. Everything is an estimate as delays occur. However, if it passes the final estimated date, they will usually give a refund. Wishing luck!

• Helper

Keep the kanaplex going then and just conclude if a day before the metro, no biggie. Don't wait for this to get worse though, it's more likely we can turn it around through treatment now than in five or seven days.

Super confused with the instructions on the bottle and box. The bottle says one level measure but the box says 1-2 and the measure seems much bigger than the one in the old bottle of metro that I have.

Two measures per ten gallons of one measure in a five gallon bucket :)

her line coning is getting worse. Since she's still eating unwound really prefer using metro meds over water bourne If you think it's not s good idea I'll stick to water Bourne, but I think it would work better.

• Helper

Sorry Mikey, I didn't want to alarm you initially but things didn't look good from the first vid. The metromeds are getting old and don't hold up as well as dry metro powder over time but if she *was* eating you could dose that instead.

The two waterborne meds together are easier to manage for me, but what matters is hitting this infection hard and fast before she succumbs to it. So whichever metro you prefer you can dose, but if she isn't eating I'd recommend sticking with powdered.

Sorry Mikey, I didn't want to alarm you initially but things didn't look good from the first vid. The metromeds are getting old and don't hold up as well as dry metro powder over time but if she *was* eating you could dose that instead.

The two waterborne meds together are easier to manage for me, but what matters is hitting this infection hard and fast before she succumbs to it. So whichever metro you prefer you can dose, but if she isn't eating I'd recommend sticking with powdered.

i had my metro meds double sealed and had a moisture absorber in there so they should essentially be okay?

Unless she starts to eat well again I'm going to be sticking with the powder meds. I'll be ordering new kanaplex but I'm calling Amazon. We have prime, the prime symbol is near the kanaplex, it IS in stock, and even if I choose one day shipping, it is saying it will arrive the 29th.... wth Amazon. With free prime two day shipping it says March 1st. I don't understand what the issue is there.

• Helper

Weren't you dosing the expired kanaplex already? I don't believe your pet has that long and antibiotics maintain their potency well in dry form (liquids degrade much more quickly). I've given you my advice and the dosing schedule several times and the rest is in your hands, good luck to you :)

Edited by Arctic Mama

Weren't you dosing the expired kanaplex already? I don't believe your pet has that long and antibiotics maintain their potency well in dry form (liquids degrade much more quickly). I've given you my advice and the dosing schedule several times and the rest is in your hands, good luck to you :)

yes I do have it And I am dosing it, I just wanted to buy new so it was full potency :). I'm following exactly what you posted :) Edited by Mikey

• Helper

yes I do have it I just wanted to buy new so it was full potency :). I'm following exactly what you posted :)

Now all we can do is wait and hope she can heal herself. Like I said, I'm wishing you both luck!

She ate today!!! :o her scales also look okay today. Slightest prickles, but not nearly as noticeable as yesterday. She's also been decently active!

4BBB5A2E-62F6-467A-A3F8-5E07A3810BF2_zps

Edited by Mikey

• Helper

Keep up with the waterborne since it seems to be helping, along with the Epsom. If she is eating in another two or three days switch the the metromeds of you wish :)

Keep up with the waterborne since it seems to be helping, along with the Epsom. If she is eating in another two or three days switch the the metromeds of you wish :)

okay! Will do :). Right now the Epsom is st 1/2 tsp per ten gallons. Is that okay?

How many pellets of MM will I be giving her? I gave her a total of 15 today and I am almost positive she ate them all :D I spread out the feedings, of course though :teehee 

She's eating he MM well but still becoming even more bloated. I have the Epsom at 1.5 teaspoons for the 20 gallons again. Should I be adding the waterborne meds again even though she's eating the metro meds well?

I still don't know how much to give her. I'm just guessing based off previous fish and thinking it's an okay amount she's getting. It's anyway from 15-20 pellets I've been giving.