Quarantine Plants?

Hey everyone, I'm at the 1 month mark of having my fish quarantined and I'm planning on finally adding my decorations into the tank in a few days. I want to get some plants to throw in there, but I was wondering if I needed quarantine the plants before I put them in. 

I've heard stories of snail eggs coming in from plants people bought at the store.

Thanks!

What kind of plants do you have? Some plants don't tolerate chlorine bleach very well. Anubias do pretty well. 1 part bleach to 19 parts water. 2 to 3 minutes. For more tender leaf plants like Java fern, 1 to 1.5 minutes.

What kind of plants do you have? Some plants don't tolerate chlorine bleach very well. Anubias do pretty well. 1 part bleach to 19 parts water. 2 to 3 minutes. For more tender leaf plants like Java fern, 1 to 1.5 minutes.

I don't have any right now, but I was hoping to get some blyxa japonica and Italian val. I like the grassy look.

I don't have any right now, but I was hoping to get some blyxa japonica and Italian val. I like the grassy look.

I don't think the grasses will tolerate bleach too much. It may melt them.

Bleach will cause val to melt some of the time. It does grow back fine though, so I usually just chance it. The only species I've ever had melt with a bleach dip is hygrophila pinnatifida.

• 6 months later...
  • Admin

I love my balls lol

I didn't know you had any? Do you have big ones?  :yikes

Yup I got 4 balls lol... one is big and the others are on the small side... They where the only thing to make it to brackish waters :) Salty balls :)

I don't have any balls!!!!! If I had any they would be big and squishy!!!!!!   :teehee

Well they start off small then get bigger as time goes on :teehee

I hope everyone is having as much fun as I am!!!!!