I found this notice of quality goldfish for sale

shakaho

on Goldfish Keepers.  The seller is a highly respected breeder of show quality fish.  The prices are amazing.

I have 1.25-2.0" modern Bristols available $11 each plus postage.

I have blackish black Thai Ranchu available $11 each plus postage, fish are 1"-1.5"

Also have Black Broadtail Mores at 1.2-1.6" total length at $11, plus postage .

I ship priority mail, on Mondays or Tuesday's in which the weather is mild here is Cincinnati, and where you are.
Priority shipping is $20

Serious inquiries email me grhgoldfish@yahoo.com .

This pricing is good only through 2 / 20 / 2016, if there are any left the pricing will increase because of improvements in size and color.

• Helper

I emailed him - we shall see what he says. My qt tank is empty again anyway and I've been itching for a good moor. So this is great timing! If the ranchu hasn't moved I asked for him as well ;)

Those prices are unreal, especially for some of the best moor lines in this country.

Edited by Arctic Mama

I emailed him - we shall see what he says. My qt tank is empty again anyway and I've been itching for a good moor. So this is great timing! If the ranchu hasn't moved I asked for him as well ;)

Those prices are unreal, especially for some of the best moor lines in this country.

the broadtail moors are what I'm most interested in. :cry

good luck!

I don't know how many fish from each group he has for sale, but certainly more like a dozen than one or two, so you girls don't have to fight over the moors.  :no:   :D

:rofl nooo it definitely wasn't that! Just the way that I can't squeeze any more water into my tanks, no matter how hard I may try!

• Helper

:rofl nooo it definitely wasn't that! Just the way that I can't squeeze any more water into my tanks, no matter how hard I may try!

I barely can, but since I upgraded the tank and added two of the four filters for the final setup I'm well on my way to 130 gallons instead of 20 or 60 :). Sadly I did have some passing fish in the last two months (random infection in one and swimbladder disorder in another) so I have room for two babies in QT and the main tank.

Space is always an issue with goldies - more beautiful fish than we have tanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Helper

So.... I was ordering two fish from him and upped it to three to have two moors and a ranchu. Then Gary shipped them today and indicated he included some extra fish :thud

Thank goodness I waaaay over filter, because any extras are over my stocking limit :rofl

I'll post pictures when they come. Other than some miscommunication on my part for invoicing it has been a very smooth transaction and he has been responsive and extremely easy to work with :)

Edited by Arctic Mama

• Helper

Who is it? I live in Cincinnati.

https://m.facebook.com/cincy.ranchu?refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fcincy.ranchu

He is a member of the Bristol Shubunkin society as well, I believe.

• Helper

Yes - I'm getting some moors, the black ranchu, and some extras of some sort of another (probably baby moors but who knows?).

He is practically giving them away. I did ask him to ship them express instead of priority and he agreed and is using an insulated box, so I'm shipping $30 of fish for $70 of shipping, but it's better than stressed or frozen animals! He was totally cool with upgrading the shipping for me and didn't bat an eye.

Yes - I'm getting some moors, the black ranchu, and some extras of some sort of another (probably baby moors but who knows?).

He is practically giving them away. I did ask him to ship them express instead of priority and he agreed and is using an insulated box, so I'm shipping $30 of fish for $70 of shipping, but it's better than stressed or frozen animals! He was totally cool with upgrading the shipping for me and didn't bat an eye.

They have these goldfish breeding conference calls on sundays sometimes where you can call the pro breeders and ask questions. It's very cool. Im dying for one of his ranchus but for now, im out of space. Can't wait to ser yours, though!!

I am really wishing I hadn't seen his facebook, and watched the recent videos of his bristol shubies three times... :help:

I am really wishing I hadn't seen his facebook, and watched the recent videos of his bristol shubies three times... :help:

You do realize that these are pond fish and pond season is a month or so away, right?  Just long enough for quarantine.    :lol2 

You do realize that these are pond fish and pond season is a month or so away, right? Just long enough for quarantine. [emoji38]2

You're terrible! :wa:rofl

Can't do a pond here :cry I'm sure i could set up a little one on our back deck but that would be pushing it haha

I do have a spot in my big tank but i don't know :krazy:

Back decks make a great place for a pond. :D

This makes a great pond, big enough for 4 or 5 Bristols, and look at the price -- way below a dollar per gallon. :gfish:

Keep saying all these things, but direct it to Tammy! She needs to hear it more than i do, and has the room! :rofl

Ah it would rule, but it's a tiny deck and there's a decent chance my landlords would flip :o

I still want a fish! But i always want one and that's the issue. :teehee

• Helper

Update! Gary outdid himself. Just a few minutes ago FOUR broadtail moors and TWO black ranchus arrived on my doorstep (with an absolutely gorgeous body line on all of them!).

Stocking is going to be ridiculously tight after quarantine. I suppose I can add another filter if the other four can't keep up :rofl2

I'll do a proper introductory post elsewhere, but anyone interested should JUMP at these fish, they're about the most perfect fin and body conformation I've seen in person. It's incredible!

Edited by Arctic Mama