ID this stem plant for me please =D

Calamity

I picked this one up from the fish store a few weeks back, and while it is not residing in my goldie tank, I did have it in there for about a week and it was left alone haha.

The fish store had just gotten it in and the girl who unpacked the plants wasn't there and didn't label this one.  Their not the most brilliant LFS out there, the one girl tried to give me ###### for not always having salt in my goldfish tank... right okay anyway...

They said this ones an easy to grow lower tech plant but none of the geniuses that were there could remember the name.
I want to think its a type of hygrophila? But I honestly have NO idea.

Its got a nice rigid stem that is dark coloured.  Seems to grow in segments like typical stem plants (wisteria, hygrophila)
The leaves are very long and skinny. Thinner then vals leaves. most leaves are approx. 4-6" long.
I grabbed it because it looked like a nice one for my shrimp to hide in or the betta to get stuck in.

20160202_130511.jpg

20160202_130439.jpg

20160202_130425.jpg

20160202_130348.jpg

20160202_130304.jpg

20160202_130242.jpg

20160202_133903.jpg

20160202_133935.jpg

Thanks guys! I was kinda right hahahah but still totally clueless. Its a very pretty plant. Glad its a type i should be able to keep alive ;)

I just swapped from the flourescent to a led i bought from overseas, hoping everything continues to grow will with the new light. Might be some trial and error.

• Supporter

It's hygrophila angustifolia (willow hygro). It's an Australian native and will turn a bronze/red colour given the right conditions. :)

I knew you would know.

I may ask you for help when I get around to setting up a tropical community tank again. Your setups are always astonishing and your knowledge about all of it seems to have no end.

It's hygrophila angustifolia (willow hygro). It's an Australian native and will turn a bronze/red colour given the right conditions. :)

I knew you would know.

I may ask you for help when I get around to setting up a tropical community tank again. Your setups are always astonishing and your knowledge about all of it seems to have no end.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

You're too kind! There are far more knowledgable people and far better aquascapers than me.

One of the things I've learnt which I really recommend, is setting up hardscape and letting it sit for a couple of days. I tend to like things when they're done, but hate them in a couple of days.