FRP Fancy Goldfish Bowl

Jelly

I have been looking for large enameled goldfish bowls however it was difficult to obtain one domestically and it was way too heavy and expensive to be shipped internationally. So I ended up turning to FRP (Fiber Reinforced Plastic) Bowls which recently have been more popular in Asia due to being lighter and less likely to chip or be broken during shipment.

My relatives found a wholesale factory based in Shanghai that ships large quantities of FRP bowls to Fancy Goldfish stores in Japan. I asked them to purchase one for me since they live in Shanghai and ship it to me. I recently just got it and I love it! I think the total cost of this 40cm FRP bowl was $50. They told me that the factory also had these bowls in: 20, 30, 30 (shallow fry culling tray), 40, 45, 50, 60 and 65cm. Since Jippii is still relatively small I only got a 40cm.

Dz3LzhU.jpg

Op7Xusq.jpg

fsOEwOx.jpg

jtDmm3P.jpg

Just out of curiosity, why did you want a bowl?

Jippii normally lives in a 55gallon tank :) you can check it out here: http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/122969-finished-fluidized-bed-filter-lids-projects/ this bowl is for presentation and check ups only ^____^

I use a white plastic round tub i bought from bunnings.

Cost under $10 (inc a sausage and onions from the bbq out front lol)

Believe me I went looking for white bowls that were 40cm and over all over locally and even went to San Francisco and China Town and a warehouse that specializes in bowls and pots and stuff like that. I could only find ceramic ones and plastic ones that were 20-30cm. The ones that were plastic weren't made to hold large volumes of water and so would eventually bow from the water volume and they were about $30-50. That's why I just ended up having my relatives get one from a factory that make these for shops in Japan that specializes in Top viewing ranchu, butterfly tail, tosakin..etc for my butterfly telescope. Edited by Jelly