Sign in to follow this  
EdgarTheFish

Dropsy? Secondary infection? (graphic video sorry)

Sorry also wondering what to do with my filter cartridge and biowheel? I have it in a small container of old tank water with an air stone because my tank was cycled with it, no gravel/sand. Should I toss them and start over since there were parasites?

He ate another half of a pea and perked up a tiny bit. We went from laying on his back at the bottom of the tank to hanging out in headstands by his bubbles, floating up in his bubbles, and swimming straight for the first time in 2 days before going back to the bubbles. ( I took the peas out that he didn't eat)

DSCN0282_zpsxwnldv4a.jpg

DSCN0297_zpspyscqddn.jpg

DSCN0295_zps2ryyfast.jpg

He's still pineconed and it takes him a couple of "spit outs" before he'll actually eat but he might be getting better? 

How long do I give him before I know it's not going to work?  I know it was said 4 days for improvement, now slime coat is floating around the tank and he's the same, listless and pineconed.  

I euthanized him, he was looking like crap and unable to unbend himself when I went to check on him after my last post. Appreciate everyone help. 

I euthanized him, he was looking like crap and unable to unbend himself when I went to check on him after my last post. Appreciate everyone help. 

Sorry. I'm dealing with some health issues of my own....

Typically once they get bent into a C shape, there isn't much else you can do. I'm so sorry you lost him. :hug

Sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry :heart:grouphug

I'm sorry. You really tried your hardest