My Goldfish Tank!

GabyKaschieva

Thanks for posting the video.  If I knew pet stores did that, I would have had the tank done there before I brought it home.  I tried that method twice but it was not "perfect".  So I am painting the glass today.  Fingers crossed for perfect!

I hope everything goes well :)

• 2 weeks later...

I love the look of the tank and especially the thin layer of sand and the rocks. Very Very nice. I wish I had your artistic touch.

Regarding the background I just use a can of spray paint in matte black. Just tape off the edges and give it a few thin coats. I've been doing it for years and it always comes out great, just give it at least 24-48 hours to cure. 48 hours is always better but temps and humidity always factor in.

Thanks for posting the video.  If I knew pet stores did that, I would have had the tank done there before I brought it home.  I tried that method twice but it was not "perfect".  So I am painting the glass today.  Fingers crossed for perfect! 

How did it come out? If you haven't done it yet use light coats and keep spraying it every 30 minutes. I used to live in the Tampa area and I would wait at least 48 hours before I set it up with the humidity. It might seem dry and ready to go, but when you scrape that thin line of paint off hanging a new filter you'll kick yourself in the rear. Always err on the side of caution.

• 2 weeks later...

Water change day!

How much water you guys change? do you do it every week or every 15 days? just curious :)

I have done different things at different times/ stocking levels, but right now I'm going to be doing 50% once a week.  Your tank is so beautiful!

Water change day!

How much water you guys change? do you do it every week or every 15 days? just curious :)

I have done different things at different times/ stocking levels, but right now I'm going to be doing 50% once a week.  Your tank is so beautiful!

Thanks for your answer :) right now I'm doing 80% once a week, thanks :) 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi GabyKaschieva,

It is a beautiful tank. How long this tank has been? Are you experiencing algae grow on your fake plants and stones? What is your maintenance activities beside changing 80% water weekly?

Thanks

Hi :)

I have had this tank like this for over a year now only with minor changes in decor, I don't have any type of algae (I think) and the plants do get a bit dirty but it would take like 2 or 3 months for me to need take them out and clean them, weekly I change 80% or so and I clean the filters every other week, I have two hang on filters, one internal and one sponge filter and that's basically it.

Thanks btw :)

and also I use a python to vacuum the sand but usually I don't do it cause my internal filter does the job lol 

Edited by GabyKaschieva