• * Ammonia Level(Tap) 0
    • * Nitrite Level(Tap) 0
    • * Nitrate level(Tap) 0
    • * Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.3
    • * Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.2
    • Other Required Info:
      • * Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API
      • * Water temperature? 76F
      • * Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 30, 3 years
      • * What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? AquaClear BioMax , zeoCarb , foam
      • * How often do you change the water and how much? twice a month 25%
  • * How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? few days ago, see above
  • * How many fish in the tank and their size? 1 adult telescope eye goldie
  • * What kind of water additives or conditioners? stress coat+, fluval bio cleaner
  • * What do you feed your fish and how often? once a day, ~20 pellets of New Era Goldfish Pellets
  • * Any new fish added to the tank? no
  • * Any medications added to the tank? melafix
  • * List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. aquarium salt, medicated food for dropsy (i forget the name)
  • * Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? no
  • * Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? no

M5XmrIJ.jpg?1

well, i think the picture speaks for itself. this white cloudy bump on the top of his eye has been there for a few weeks now. it doesn't seem to bother him, but it's also not going away. i have tried to treat with Melafix but it doesn't seem to have any effect. 

Such a beautiful fish! Can you post a picture of your full tank?

For the water testing, do you use API strips or drops?

While you only have one fish in a 30 gallon tank, you should up your water changes. See below for link to our healthy guidelines to read more about this.

Such a beautiful fish! Can you post a picture of your full tank?

For the water testing, do you use API strips or drops?

While you only have one fish in a 30 gallon tank, you should up your water changes. See below for link to our healthy guidelines to read more about this.

the drops

will more frequent water changes help his eye?

Yes, larger and more frequent water changes may help. Also, are there any objects in the tank that he may be hitting with his eyes? If so, I would rearrange them or take them out. Try this and water changes and let us know how it goes.

I would begin by doing a 100% water change or as close as possible to remove any buildup of bacteria and other stuff.

ok last week i did a 20% should i wait  a little longer to do another one? the bump is still there it seems a little larger. does melafix help at all or should i not bother. i removed the carbon filter to let it circulate

Can you do a 100% water change now and then do at least a 50% water change per week? You can use melafix if you want with the increased water changes.

i did a 100% water change today. i noticed today that i believe his bump has gotten smaller. it had gotten worse since i first posted this thread but now it seems to begin fading. hopefully this WC will continue to improve his condition. :)

Good to hear! Also, see link below in my signature for our goldfish healthy guidelines.

so it's been a few months since this, unfortunately the bump is still there and now his eye seems darker and redder, like there is blood in it or something. i'm not really sure what to do anymore. i don't think anything i have can help him.  WC still regular.

Sorry to hear about this. Since it has been a couple months, please fill out form and post here. See link to the form below my signature. Also please post a close up picture. Any other symptoms?