gH booster

QandD

Hi all! 

I am currently using NilocG gH booster in my planted tank, but since I'm running low, I was wondering what everyone's favorite gH boosters were. If they are available on Amazon that would also be excellent, since I am not in need of buying new ferts at the moment and would like to save on shipping costs. 

I buy the gh booster from Green Leaf Aquarium. Even with shipping it seems quite economical.

Lisa, thanks. Quick question: do you use the "ultimate gH booster"? I see that it also has macro/micros in it, and I am concerned about ODing on ferts if I were to use this.

I buy the gh booster from Green Leaf Aquarium. Even with shipping it seems quite economical.

Lisa, thanks. Quick question: do you use the "ultimate gH booster"? I see that it also has macro/micros in it, and I am concerned about ODing on ferts if I were to use this.

Good question.

That is what I use. It contains:

• Potassium Sulfate (K2SO4)
  • Calcium Sulfate (CaSO4)
  • Magnesium Sulfate (MgSO4)

I use the same macro and micro ferts that you do and I use this GH booster. I have not had problems. You can always buy the calcium sulfate and magnesium sulfate separately and avoid the additional potassium which is in the macro ferts. GLA sells the calcium and magnesium separately.

BTW, I don't by the jar, just the reclosable bag.

I think I may go back to the GLA macro and micro ferts (their EI fertilizer package) when my NilocG ferts run out. It is less convenient than NilocG but more economical.

Unless you're pouring mega quantities in, I wouldn't worry about overdosing. A little bit extra here or there isn't likely to hurt anything -- that's why the EI dosing guide breaks tank sizes down so broadly i.e. 5-20 gallons, 20-40 gallons and so on. There's some leeway in how much of what fertiliser you can dose.

Unless you're pouring mega quantities in, I wouldn't worry about overdosing. A little bit extra here or there isn't likely to hurt anything -- that's why the EI dosing guide breaks tank sizes down so broadly i.e. 5-20 gallons, 20-40 gallons and so on. There's some leeway in how much of what fertiliser you can dose.

Thanks for this info!