Sign in to follow this  
Helen

an attempt to 'control' the regrowth of algae

allo :)

i made a tutorial about a week ago on what steps i took to remove algae (green and brown/black) from my tank. i can happily say that 7 days on, we're looking exactly as we were on the day of the big clean.

here's my video. i hope it gives you some ideas for your own tanks.

:)

I use a Coffee Filter to wipe down my Algae in the Guppy tank.... I cant wipe and drain every thing, but if you can this is the best way.... If  you cant like Helen then what I do in my tank is wipe it all down with the filter on... Let my filter keep going for a good hour to suck up all that stuff. Then I will change the water out and Place a new filter floss in the filter ....

Great tip hun.... Either a rough Paper Towel or White Coffee filters are the cheapest and easiest way to get it off :)

Let my filter keep going for a good hour to suck up all that stuff. Then I will change the water out and Place a new filter floss in the filter ....

Great tip hun.... Either a rough Paper Towel or White Coffee filters are the cheapest and easiest way to get it off :)

i didn't want the algae chunks to get back into the filters since i had cleaned both filters a few days before :)

Let my filter keep going for a good hour to suck up all that stuff. Then I will change the water out and Place a new filter floss in the filter ....

i didn't want the algae chunks to get back into the filters since i had cleaned both filters a few days before :)

Oh I know hun, I was just saying if you cant do it your way you can do it mine :teehee:P

Or a BN Pleco if you have room :P I am now algae free :o it's such a great feeling :rofl 

Your tank and fish are looking gorgeous as usual Helen!!! :heart:wub: excellent video!! :)

Or a BN Pleco if you have room :P I am now algae free :o it's such a great feeling :rofl

Your tank and fish are looking gorgeous as usual Helen!!! :heart:wub: excellent video!! :)

yep, good solution for those who like them :)

i like to keep goldfish with goldfish only :D

Thank you, Helen, for your effort in creating this informative video. I like how you emphasized about being careful to not get the algae that gets wiped off introduced back into the tank.