betta losing weight

elpinacate

i just notice  like  week ago  that  he  start to looks more  skinny  ,  specially  rom his body ,   his  head  desn't looks  bad  , and he  is eating good ,   other thing  i see on  him is  that  he struggles a little to  stay on top  ,  looks like he has some   bladder problem too ,  i feed him   gel food  and   fresh turkey meat  only one time a day

tank size is 10 gallons ,   params are stable  , temperature  too ,  ( with  heater )  on 70's 

so i dont know what to do ,   maybe he has  instestinal   parasites  ,  but i dont  know what  medication  start 

thanks 

Would you be able to post all of the parameters please? Betta's like it around 78-82.

I would switch to regular betta pellets and gel food and maybe some frozen blood worms. I would ditch the turkey, I do not know how good that is for them.

params  are  ,    amonia  0 ,  nitrites 0 ,  nitrates 10 ppm  , ph  7.6  

the  turkey meat  is organic  ,  i've had  feed him  for more than  year and a half   and  no problems ,   but i will consider  stop that  ,  for now he  has trouble  to  swiiming  on top  ,   it someting thats has to  see  with  his bladder 

Edited by elpinacate

Try fasting for a day and feed just blood worms for a few days to see if that helps. Then slowly incorporate some type of betta pellet. I like the hikari betta bio gold and that's what I have used for 6+ years now.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if you are still having this problem, but it sounds like your betta is/was constipated. Try fasting him for a couple of days and only feed him tiny amounts every other day. Bettas also show signs of lethargy when there are drastic changes in water parameters. For example, when doing water changes and you dump 85 degree water into 76 degree water, that can potentially kill your fish, or cause them to exhibit signs of lethargy within the same day, or later.

Not sure if you are still having this problem, but it sounds like your betta is/was constipated. Try fasting him for a couple of days and only feed him tiny amounts every other day. Bettas also show signs of lethargy when there are drastic changes in water parameters. For example, when doing water changes and you dump 85 degree water into 76 degree water, that can potentially kill your fish, or cause them to exhibit signs of lethargy within the same day, or later.

if he was looking skinny how could he possibly be constipated? If he was constipated he would be bulging