Sign in to follow this  
Phil B.

The dreaded color change

Sorry I've not been around much, but there just hasn't been much going on in the tank to report. Everyones doing fine, plants and fish have been growing steadily.

Sad to say, my lovely little blue pearl scale is losing his color and turning into a standard goldie. What a shame.

color2_zpskyh4ftyl.jpg

Ahh a  shame about the colour change. Glad everything is going well though!

Still looks great.

Super common - I haven't had a silver, chocolate, or blue fish yet that hasn't shifted at some point in life.

He is still a very handsome fish :)

It is cool to watch the color change. It happens relatively quickly. You should periodically take pics and add them to this thread. We can watch the change with you!

When it comes to goldfish color I always hear Forrest Gump...."you never know what you're gonna get"!!

Bummer! I've been lucky enough that most of my fish's color changes end up being more favorable to me.  I've only had one change colors that I was sad about.

I bought a black butterfly tele that turned completely orange within a few months. I had named him Shadow because of his color. Hopefully you didn't name yours based on the color.  :teehee  

It'll be interesting to see what I end up with. but even if he turns all orange, I'll still love my little Chub. :)

He actually scared me at first. I thought it might have been a bruise or an injury under the skin.

It'll be interesting to see what I end up with. but even if he turns all orange, I'll still love my little Chub. :)

He actually scared me at first. I thought it might have been a bruise or an injury under the skin.

I have had many fish turn colors like this... the only time I got them to stay there color is in a pond and in CA.

I bought a black butterfly tele that turned completely orange within a few months. I had named him Shadow because of his color. Hopefully you didn't name yours based on the color.  :teehee  

Thankfully I named him after his body shape. ;)

When my Whale started to turn color (it started on his wen), I reported it to the mods in D&D because he also dislodged a scale and I was worried that the loose scale and the color change was a problem. I was a bit freaked out. To placate me they had me swab the color change with hydrogen peroxide. There was no problem of course and Whale continued to change color. Now he is mostly orange with tinges of yellow. Still my adorable Whale.

My blue oranda had a great first color change. He looked almost like a panda.....then...... It changed, he's got some weird funky orange white and black spots going on. He's still a cutie but I miss the panda look lol so I know how you feel :) your is soooo cute!!

Edited by Cdionne77