Sign in to follow this  
Mikey

Poor little ryukin

Hi guys, I just don't know what medication to use for him. I gave him a meth blue bath earlier and he's in a 15 gallon sick tank that we have at the store. I changed 50% of the water before I put him in.

0 everything and 7.8 pH. Temp is 80-82 I have pictures of him and then pictures of the medicine I have available to me.

C408E2F6-53A5-4DC2-913A-2459ECD207DC_zps2A21F558-6FA9-4741-B128-271506F1828F_zpsF5122977-43F3-4256-8366-0310407479C8_zps

I'd do a salt dip and then use General Cure and Triple sulfa

Edited by shakaho

I don't think he would make it through a salt dip. He can barely fight the filter suction on medium. I have it on low now and it's still iffy. I'm keeping an eye on him to make sure he isn't stuck to it.

My boss will probably only let me take one medication off of the shelf. I was thinking general cure myself and we already have that open I think? So I'll ask her if I can take the triple sulfa. Do I treat both medications at the same time?

Okay so I have both meds. I don't want to attempt a salt dip at all. I will use both meds though.

And is that combination of meds good for other fish as well in case we need to put anything else in the tank?

That makes a pretty good general purpose treatment.  You might want to use 0.1% salt.

Great!! Thanks :)

I was going to ask if you wanted me to do that :)

Aw poor guy!!! He's lucky you're taking care of him!

Also, I have an idea for you, if he's getting stuck to the filter -- take a piece of square filter sponge, cut a whole in the middle of it, and put the filter piece into the sponge.  You can secure it with a rubber band.  This way, if the fish gets stuck, it's gentler on the fish to be stuck to the sponge than directly to the filter.  I would use the aqua clear sponges bc they're square and fit easier, and the pores are larger and water flow isn't inhibited so it doesn't damage the filter's motor (so long as you rinse the sponge everyday so it doesn't get clogged with debris). I used to work at a fish store and we used to have those on the hospital tank filters for really weak fish.

Good luck with him!

Oh, poor baby! Luckily s/he has you to take care of him/her.

Thanks guys :). Unfortunately, I was too late I think :( my boss found him dead the next morning :cry. We tried though. :grouphug

Sorry to hear that Mikey. You did your BEST!!!!!

Sorry he didn't make it Mikey. It's great that the fish at your store have someone like you willing to help.  :hug

Aw I'm so sorry to hear that.  At least he was cared for and comfortable at the end. You did a great job.

Rest in peace, little one. Thanks, Mikey, for giving this little one some love.