Equipment for Goldfish

So as some of you know I want to have goldfish inside again but they always seem to die so I am looking for a list of supplies that I will need for them as I want to prepare as much as possible if I ever get goldfish inside ever again.

What I already have:

33 US gallon tank

Gel Food

Other fish supplies (for my fish I have at the minute)

So what else will I need??

A filter! Hob 10x gallonage flowrate, canister 7.5x gallonagr flowrate.

Waterchanging supplies

Api master test kit

Prazi product

Salt

Epsom salt

Prime/other water conditioner

QT tank

Bubbler (if you want)

Heater (if you want)

On my 30 gallon tank I run a AquaClear 110! It does a great job......over kill but I would rather be over filtrated than under.

(I have TWO AC110s on my 90 gallon tank!)

They are powerful filters, quiet, easy to clean & maintain!!

Edited by Jeana727

A filter! Hob 10x gallonage flowrate, canister 7.5x gallonagr flowrate. Need that

Waterchanging supplies .got that

Api master test kit .got that

Prazi product. Need that

Salt. Got that

Epsom salt. Got that

Prime/other water conditioner. Got that

QT tank. Got that

Bubbler (if you want). Got that

Heater (if you want). Got that

Bloodworms and high quality pellets (nls or omegaone) are good to have on hand. The pellets make a good staple.

I have bloodworms but need to get pellets

On my 30 gallon tank I run a AquaClear 110! It does a great job......over kill but I would rather be over filtrated than under.

(I have TWO AC110s on my 90 gallon tank!)

They are powerful filters, quiet, easy to clean & maintain!!

I was thinking an AC 70+ AC 30??

AquarienEco Aquarium LED lighting Fish Aqua Tank 24"--35" / 61-85 CM / 2 Feet Ft - £37.80 + FREE UK delivery x 1 = £37.80

RC Hagen A615 AquaClear 70 Power Filter, UL Listed - Inc. A617, A618 & A1373 - £43.32 + £21.38 delivery x 1 = £64.70

RC Hagen A600 AquaClear 30 Power Filter, UL Listed - Inc. A602, A605 & A1371 - £28.55 + £20.77 delivery x 1 = £49.32

Hikari Usa AHK73251 Prazipro for Aquarium, 1-Ounce - £11.80 + FREE UK delivery x 2 = £23.60

Hikari Saki-Hikari Fancy Goldfish 200g 200g - £10.98 + FREE UK delivery x 1 = £10.98

25ft Python No Spill Clean And Fill - £43.95 + FREE UK delivery x 1 = £43.95

Total = £230.35

All of this is what I think I need :/

How many fish are you bringing inside?

I think your list looks good! If you're worried about spending lots of money, you could just get one 110 filter (would be cheaper than getting 2, right?) And you could get a cheaper light (In the US, florescent lighting is cheaper than LED).

Once it's set up, you should take a picture and post it here so we can see it  :D

How many fish are you bringing inside?

I think your list looks good! If you're worried about spending lots of money, you could just get one 110 filter (would be cheaper than getting 2, right?) And you could get a cheaper light (In the US, florescent lighting is cheaper than LED).

Once it's set up, you should take a picture and post it here so we can see it  :D

The only place I can shop is Amazon really and they only have up to AC 70's sadly, the lighting is down from about £140 I think and I believe there are three orandas in my pond that I wish to bring in for the winter but I can't be certain if there are three as there were more in there when I put my fancies in the pond in spring

33 gallons is not big enough to house 3 of them over the winter. Remember, the 15-20 gallons per fish will still apply no matter if you are overfiltered or not. I would suggest adding a second aquarium to that list, or even ditching the tank for a livestock tub and rigging your own filter. The bigger reason here, aside from general stocking guidelines, is to make sure that the fish aren't overcrowded. This can lead to disease, and you said you wanted to avoid them getting sick. To do that, the easiest things to do would involve taking care of them the absolute best that you can.

33 gallons is not big enough to house 3 of them over the winter. Remember, the 15-20 gallons per fish will still apply no matter if you are overfiltered or not. I would suggest adding a second aquarium to that list, or even ditching the tank for a livestock tub and rigging your own filter. The bigger reason here, aside from general stocking guidelines, is to make sure that the fish aren't overcrowded. This can lead to disease, and you said you wanted to avoid them getting sick. To do that, the easiest things to do would involve taking care of them the absolute best that you can.

yeah I remembered that as soon as I had left this thread. I now don't know whether to buy two telescopes or one telescope for this tank as one of the orandas survived in the pond last winter and he was perfectly fine.

yeah I remembered that as soon as I had left this thread. I now don't know whether to buy two telescopes or one telescope for this tank as one of the orandas survived in the pond last winter and he was perfectly fine.

Why not bring in one or two of your current fish instead of getting new ones?

Why not bring in one or two of your current fish instead of getting new ones?
I could do that but then there would still be one left in the pond :(

I have been on a tight budget before and found the Aqueon 55/75 to be a great value on Amazon. 400 gph for less than half the price of the acquaclear 110. Yes the 110 is better but the Aqueon will get the job done, especially if you have some extra media you can throw into it.

The Aqueon 55/75 is this price on amazon £54.62 + £18.85 delivery and that is more than the aquaclear 70. I am thinking of not getting any goldfish but to buy the filters etc for my fish I have at the minute but I'm still deciding.

The Aqueon 55/75 is this price on amazon £54.62 + £18.85 delivery and that is more than the aquaclear 70. I am thinking of not getting any goldfish but to buy the filters etc for my fish I have at the minute but I'm still deciding.

Wow that's a bummer. In the US its $32 and when I add some fish food to get it over $35, free shipping. So spoiled over here!